Installing the new version of theme, almost the same as installing new themes. Before you doing updating the themes, we recommend you to check the following instructions below at first :
- You can put your site into Maintenance mode. For more complete information you can check this article.
- Check the change logs with the new version of themes right here.
- You can make backup the files and the database, in case there’s something goes wrong with your web server so you could rollback your site to previous state. Please visit this page for more complete information about backup.
- Please note if you’ve made some modification directly on themes code they will lost (in this case you might need to use child theme).
- Right after you’ve done with updating, please clear your browser cache data.
After downloading the new version of JNews from Themeforest you need to extract those file, and then you will find zip file with name like jnews-themes.zip . This is main file of JNews.
Update via WordPress
- Go to Appearance → Themes on your WordPress Admin Dashboard.
- Deactivate the current JNews Theme by activating another theme.
- Then delete the current JNews Theme. You don’t need to worry about your site content, they won’t be lost.
- If you’ve done with deleting the theme, then click the Add New button at the top of the page and then choose Upload Theme option.
- After that upload file jnews-themes.zip (look at the image above) and click Install Now button.
- If the upload has finished click the Activate button.
Update via FTP
- Login into your FTP client.
- Then access wp-content/themes/ directory on your host web server.
- Delete the current JNews Theme folder or simply rename the JNews Theme folder if you won’t to delete them. You don’t need to worry about your site content, they won’t be lost.
- After that browse to find the new version of jnews-themes.zip file (look at the image above) and unzip the file.
- Upload the jnews-themes folder into wp-content/themes/ directory.
- After uploading process finish, go to your WordPress Admin Dashboard → Appearance → Themes and hit the Activate button.
- Right after installing themes you will be prompted to install required plugins. You can follow the instruction right here.
Right after updating the theme, you will need to check the change logs with the new version of theme right here.
If there’s new version of included plugins, you will need to update them as well in order to make JNews would work as expected and keep them stay up to date.
Please check this page for more detail information about plugins update.