Installing the new version of this plugin is almost the same as installing new one. Before you are going to update the plugin, we recommend you to check the following instructions below first :
- You can put your site into Maintenance mode. For more complete information you can check this this article.
- Check the change logs with the new version of the plugin right here.
- You can backup the files and the database. In case something goes wrong with your web server, you could rollback your site to previous state. Please visit this page for more complete information about backup.
- Right after you’ve done updating, please clear your browser’s cache data.
After downloading the new version of Epic Social Share from CodeCanyon you need to extract the file, and then you will find zip file with name epic-social-share.zip . This is the main file of Epic Social Share.
Update via WordPress
- Go to Plugins → Epic Social Share on your WordPress Admin Dashboard.
- Deactivate the current Epic Social Share Plugin.
- Then delete the current Epic Social Share Plugin. You don’t need to worry about your site content, they won’t be lost.
- If you’ve done with deleting the plugin, then click the Add New button at the top of the page and then choose Upload Plugin option.
- After that, upload file epic-social-share.zip (look at the image above) and click Install Now button.
- If the upload has finished click the Activate button.
Update via FTP
- Login into your FTP client.
- Then access wp-content/plugins/ directory on your host web server.
- Delete the current Epic Social Share folder or simply rename the Epic Social Share folder if you don’t want to delete them. You don’t need to worry about your site content, they won’t be lost.
- After that, browse to find the new version of epic-social-share.zip file (look at the image above) and unzip the file.
- Upload the Epic Social Share folder into wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- After uploading process finished, go to your WordPress Admin Dashboard → Appearance → Plugins and hit the Activate button.