Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

'Trending Posts' Slider

tanyarae
    June 20, 2015 at 8:53 pm #12397

Hi there! I’ve just installed the Falive theme and have the slider with the large image working fine. However, the smaller thumb slider underneath which is demo’d as ‘Trending Posts’ on the theme page is missing. How can I add this element and customize it?

Rai
    June 21, 2015 at 2:00 am #12403

Hi tanyarae,

You can enable it from homepage template, there is a “Popular Post Options” right under the “Featured Slider Options”

Kind regards,
    Rai

patriciaotegwu
    June 21, 2015 at 12:51 pm #12436

Hi I had the same option nothing seems to be appearing for trending posts, is it a widget option?

patriciaotegwu
    June 21, 2015 at 2:24 pm #12439

IT’S NOW WORKING!, Is there a way I can choose what post’s it provides i.e. by tags, as it is pulling up my oldest posts

Rai
    June 22, 2015 at 12:55 am #12444

Hi patriciaotegwu,

At the moment there is no post filter on popular post. We will consider to add those feature on next update!

Thanks you

junro79
    July 3, 2015 at 11:37 am #12770

The popular post option is not working correctly. I’ve set it correctly but it doesn’t show up in homepage. Other homepage options are working perfectly.

This is my screen shot.
    https://www.evernote.com/l/ACTMeBOGGW5PnKzr5cqRzr5AqTC3Dsn8L5c

Rai
    July 4, 2015 at 11:41 am #12798

Hi junro79,

You Home Page popular post settings is correct. Please be sure to install the required plugin especially WordPress Popular Posts. The plugin will start counting post views right after installation.

If the popular post section still not appear, it may because there is no views (traffic) at all on your posts. Perhaps you can visits several of your posts to generate popular views data.

Thank you

mikegrungey
    July 28, 2015 at 7:44 pm #13213

Hi,

I’m having the same problem, where the trending post does not working. My configuration just the same as junro79.

If the popular post section still not appear, it may because there is no views (traffic) at all on your posts. Perhaps you can visits several of your posts to generate popular views data.

can you elaborate more on how it works. how many views does it need to be shown in trending post?
    if my post was currently below 5 posts does it work? or i need to have a lot posts?

Jegbagus
    July 29, 2015 at 2:04 am #13216

hi mikegrungey, can you make sure that you already install plugin that we mention above?
    popular / trending post rank work base on how many view your post get. now on backend you can adjust number of those column. its that simple.
    if its not still not showing, please check this option Show Popular Posts. and make sure its checked.

Thank you

mikegrungey
    July 29, 2015 at 5:25 pm #13219

Thanks for the info jegbagus. I’ve checked all the setting & plugin accordingly. but still i got problem as images included. is it because i’m using site ground supercacher?

attachment:
    My current trending view

Jegbagus
    July 30, 2015 at 3:41 am #13222

hi mikegrungey, are you sure you already give your post featured image ?

Thank you

mikegrungey
    July 30, 2015 at 4:28 am #13226

Hi jegbagus,

as attach
    Featured image has been set

Jegbagus
    July 31, 2015 at 2:38 am #13245

hi mikegrungey, it weird. can you try to disable all plugin that not included with this themes? also please make sure you already install plugin that mandatory to this themes.

if you still have the problem, please let us know.

Thank you

roseena
    August 13, 2015 at 1:02 pm #13584

I also having the same issue like above screen shot for trending post. Not showing the posts in home page

kedny
    August 13, 2015 at 5:14 pm #13588

I tried everything that you mentioned and I still do not see the Trending Posts.

Here’s a screenshot of the homepage.
    Trending Post

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.