Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

JSON LD Schema Error on Google Console

Manumira
    November 4, 2019 at 10:13 pm #52611

Hello there,

I manage several review sites that use JNews theme and the JSON Schema has been working wonderfully for a very long time, but from about mid-October, I’ve been getting 1 error and 5 other warnings on the structured data for the reviewed products.

It says:
    Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 6 Products issues:

Top Errors

Errors can prevent your page or feature from appearing in Search results. The following errors were found on your site:

Either “offers”, “review”, or “aggregateRating” should be specified

Top Warnings

Warnings are suggestions for improvement. Some warnings can affect your appearance on Search; some might be reclassified as errors in the future. The following warnings were found on your site:

No global identifier provided (e.g., gtin, mpn, isbn)

Missing field “image”

Missing field “description”

Missing field “sku”

Missing field “brand”

We recommend that you fix these issues when possible to enable the best experience and coverage in Google Search.

Now I have around 900 post pages showing this error in the webmaster console and with the warning that these errors can prevent my page from appearing in Search results.

Can you please help me solving this issue? Something I can add to the JSON file?

Thank you so much! 🙂

Adek
    November 6, 2019 at 11:05 am #52687

Hi Manumira,

Regarding this issue, please update the following file below:

1. “/wp-content/plugins/jnews-jsonld/class.jnews-jsonld.php” with this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/7phna5cralr6f01/class.jnews-jsonld.php?dl=0

2. “/wp-content/plugins/jnews-review/review-option.php” with this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3dbbf463j1rf7j/review-option.php?dl=0

3. “/wp-content/plugins/jnews-review/metabox/post-review-setting.php” with this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xt2uz8az3mcs8r/post-review-setting.php?dl=0

Then you need to insert the brand name of your product and set up the price currency on the Customize > JNews Additional Option > Review > Price Currency

Let me know if you need further help. We will push an update as soon.

Thank you

Manumira
    November 6, 2019 at 3:07 pm #52710
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    November 7, 2019 at 4:32 pm #52781

Hi Manuela,

Can you send me your post URL that has the problem? So i can check it further on my side.

Thank you

Manumira
    November 7, 2019 at 7:03 pm #52788
    Adek
    November 8, 2019 at 9:51 am #52806

Hi Manuela,

1. Please replace this file “/jnews-jsonld/class.jnews-jsonld.php” with this one here https://www.dropbox.com/s/7phna5cralr6f01/class.jnews-jsonld.php?dl=0

2. It possible to hide the price box on the frontend, but since the schema update, we need to fill out the price info. To hide them on the frontend please add this code below to the Customize > Additional CSS:

Thank you

Manumira
    November 11, 2019 at 10:56 pm #52943
    Ferdy
    November 12, 2019 at 11:03 am #52972
    Manumira
    November 20, 2019 at 10:09 am #53261
    Adek
    November 20, 2019 at 11:03 am #53266

Hi Manuela,

It seems i will need to do further investigation on your website. Can you provide me login access to the WP Admin? You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

Manumira
    November 20, 2019 at 11:16 am #53269
    Adek
    November 20, 2019 at 3:27 pm #53287

Hi Manuela,

I’ve been checking your website previously and I’m not quite sure yet what caused the issue. Can you provide me FTP access to your server? I will need to modify certain theme files to check this issue.

You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

Manumira
    November 21, 2019 at 12:38 am #53302
    Adek
    November 21, 2019 at 1:57 pm #53320

Hi Manuela,

I found there’s a minor bug in there. But no worry, they should work fine now. Please check on your side.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.