Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Installed Epic Split Post, but post isn't splitting

atakken
    June 14, 2019 at 12:15 am #47264

I can see the plugin trying to work and the changes it’s making, but my posts are not splitting. Can you please help?

Ferdy
    June 14, 2019 at 9:51 am #47273

Hi atakken,

In this case, can you provide me login access to your site? I need to check directly on my side. You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

atakken
    June 14, 2019 at 11:58 am #47285
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ferdy
    June 14, 2019 at 1:52 pm #47291

Hi Amy,

Here is our Email [email protected] . you can send the login information in there.

Thank you

atakken
    June 14, 2019 at 10:38 pm #47298
    Ferdy
    June 17, 2019 at 10:35 am #47328
    atakken
    June 19, 2019 at 2:37 am #47404
    atakken
    June 19, 2019 at 12:47 pm #47412

That last bit wasn’t very clear. I want to put a table of contents with jump links at the top of my long posts. I’d also like to split those same posts using your split post plugin. Is there a table of contents plugin that works well with your split post plugin?

Thanks!

atakken
    June 19, 2019 at 10:43 pm #47447

Hi Ferdy,

If you can’t get this working, then I need to get a refund then have a developer work on it. Would you please let me know what you think?

Thank you!

Ferdy
    June 20, 2019 at 9:43 am #47461

Hi Amy,

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been checking the login credential and it seems it works now. please be patient for a while. I will do further investigation on your site.

Thank you

Ferdy
    June 20, 2019 at 11:44 am #47464

Hi Amy,

I’ve been checking your website currently
    For the post isn’t splitting, I assume you are not enabling the split post option on the meta section. In this case, please try to enable the split post option.

For the table of contents, Actually, if the position of the table of contents after first heading it will be added below the split post heading and it will break the design. So my solution, please change the position to the top instead after heading. you can configure the position on WP Dashboard > Settings > Table of Contents

Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

atakken
    June 20, 2019 at 1:10 pm #47474

Ferdy, The split post option was enabled under the meta settings on the backend of the page the first time I wrote you. And I enabled it again right after I saw your reply. I’d send a screen shot, but there’s nowhere to attach it. I picked template 13. I chose to split the post at an H2 and a 2 is showing underneath the H2 heading, right at the beginning. I assume it’s trying to say page 2.

I tried this with the table of contents plugin both activated and deactivated. Nothing changed. The post won’t split.

Today I spoke with a guy who does SEO. He told me pagination is bad for SEO. I know John Mueller from Google said it’s ok when done correctly. Is your plugin set up to help a website’s SEO?

Thanks for your help!

Ferdy
    June 20, 2019 at 6:08 pm #47494

Hi Amy,

I’ve been checking your website currently and I notice you are writing the content on a different row. Actually, our plugin is splitting the content one way and if there is another heading wrapped with another wrapper it will break the splitting system but when you writing the content in one wrapper I can promise it will work fine. that’s the reason many page builder will turn off the nextpage feature on their builder.

For the SEO, It will depend on your needs. If you need for user experience you may need to use ajax pagination that may be bad for SEO. But if you need for views you may need to use normal pagination that google can index the URL.

Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

atakken
    June 21, 2019 at 1:05 pm #47508

So what you’re saying is that the post won’t split if the post is written using a page builder? Because page builders use lots of rows? If that’s the case, then this plugin isn’t of much use to me. I’ve built my entire website with Beaver Builder. I love it.

Thanks anyway! Please, may I get a refund?

Thank you!

Ferdy
    June 24, 2019 at 9:18 am #47539

Hi Amy,

For a refund request please send your request into CodeCanyon. Let me know if you need something else in there.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.