Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Header not showing from page to page

Americanfreak
    April 11, 2020 at 2:18 am #60541

Hello,

I really like the plugin but I do have a question and hoping for a fix.
    The plugin works as stated but I noticed that when you go to the next page everything above the post is not being shown.

The header, menu, and more importantly ads are not being seen when you go from page to page. I am guessing that the plugin works inside of the post box so that is why it does this.

How the page looks. Missing top half.

Is there something I can add to the themes php/html to make the whole page appear?

Ferdy
    April 13, 2020 at 9:36 am #60596

Hi Americanfreak,

In this case, can you provide us your site URL? because it should not remove the content outside the split post area. Also, it would be good if you can provide us login access to your website so we can replicate the issue on our side. You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as Private Reply option below.

Thank you

Americanfreak
    April 25, 2020 at 5:31 am #61628

Hi,

Sorry did not get a notice that there was a reply.

Here is a link to the site
    https://www.pctestbench.com/tunai-wand/

On the first page all is good, but on the following pages, not so well.

I have done no special install or changes. Everything is a stock install with the plugin.

I am kind of wondering if it is the theme I am using.

Can I install the plugin on a local test site without activation?

Thanks!

Ferdy
    April 27, 2020 at 9:36 am #61687

Hi Americanfreak,

1) I’ve been checking your website currently but on my side, your website works fine. In this case, please try to check on my screenshot. As you can see on my screenshot, your header, menu, and ads are showing in there.

2) About the second question, As you don’t use the plugin in multiple online domains you can use the plugin. You can use our plugin on the localhost, your main domain, and your subdomain. Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you

Americanfreak
    May 8, 2020 at 5:20 am #62679

Yes, the header shows up IF you scroll up to the top of the page. Even in your demos with 4 different browsers. See the video below…

https://bit.ly/3ckjbic

The reason this is important to me is that there are ads in the header that needs to be seen.

Thanks

Ferdy
    May 8, 2020 at 9:46 am #62690

Hi Americanfreak,

Actually we think if the user read an article with a series users will want they are staying in the section that they read before. For example, you can try to change Load Mode for Post Split other than normal load, instead of scrolling up to the header we decide to keep stay in the section they read before but if you still want to make it reset to the top please go to wp-content/epic-split-post/includes/class/type/class-sp-type-abstract.php on line 201 and change this code below

to

Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you

Americanfreak
    May 17, 2020 at 5:16 am #63212

PERFECT!!

I really think you make it like this or as an option as it also removes the # out of the url for the next page, which I think the # could hurt SEO.

Ferdy
    May 18, 2020 at 9:54 am #63236

Hi Americanfreak,

Thank you for your suggestion. we will take a look and consider this thing but we can’t promise it will be added to the next update. Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.