Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Cannot edit pages

ciriacooa
    October 24, 2017 at 7:23 pm #24632

please exam you web console in chrome or mozilla and cheq during the charge of any page to edit if any messege show.

stacykippling
    October 24, 2017 at 7:58 pm #24637

I am not getting errors in my console.

I am unable to edit any pages in Visual composer, clicking on a page to edit just loads the page itself.

If I disable Visual composer and try to edit page, I see raw code and the normal backend to edit a page.

Not sure what else I can do, I think its up to JNews developers to figure this bug out and patch/release a fix!

ciriacooa
    October 24, 2017 at 8:02 pm #24638

thanks, yep i will waith jnews develop

stacykippling
    October 24, 2017 at 9:04 pm #24642

Just finished with GoDaddy support, they informed me that server-side caching is not enabled by default on their end and could be enabled via plugins if so choose.

They said no errors were found on their side.

Hope this gets figured out soon as I want to deploy asap.

Jegbagus
    October 24, 2017 at 9:08 pm #24643

Hi,

Ciriacooa & stacykippling, please be patient. i try my best to solve this issues.
    Ciriacooa issue may lead to something. I believe this is not a themes issue, because i try it on very cheap hosting (about $5 usd per month) and its work. i also try it on our server, and its also working. other people hosting also work. i believe this is related to server setting or when installing process.

Btw i fix ciriacooa issue with accordion script. but its not resolve the issue yet.

May i know how you install your WordPress? are you using CPanel to setup your wordpress on your server?
    I really need answer of this question. if you can tell me the detail of how you setup your server it will be very great, so i can replicate your issues.

what i find on both of server is like having some kind of limitation to load whole HTML. i attach image below and i see script just stop, not finishing to load whole html.

Thank you

ciriacooa
    October 24, 2017 at 9:11 pm #24644

Im use CPanel to install WP.

Jegbagus
    October 24, 2017 at 10:33 pm #24645

hi ciriacooa & stacykippling, can you please send me email from https://themeforest.net/user/jegtheme
    i need to ask you several think.

Thank you 🙂

stacykippling
    October 25, 2017 at 2:26 am #24665

Im also using cPanel to install WordPress, specifically using the “Installatron” script and application installer.

It basically propagates most the fields for an auto install.

Jegbagus
    October 25, 2017 at 9:39 am #24673

Hi stacykippling,

after long investigating the issue on your server, i positively can tell you that this issues is a server setting issue.
    you can try to access your page now, you will see its working.
    but actually i reduce some option on Content filter ( Exclude tag, Exclude category, Exclude post ) so your page editor can behave like normal.

then i do research about this issues. and find this answer : https://stackoverflow.com/a/6194563
    php json_encode limitation is only by server memory setting. as i already see on your server, it should work because you already setup memory to 256 MB
    but the problem still exist, then it must be something that limit json_encode to work with large number of data.
    Please ask this question to godaddy. they may limit number of memory usage by one function.

FYI those json_encode code is not on our themes, but visual composer, we extend visual composer so we can have our own element.
    and because we have alot number of element with detail with in it (filter, styling, etc), it crashed. the reason is because of json_encode unable to finish its work.

Thank you

ps: i think problem is not related to how wordpress deploy from cpanel. because the problem still exist even when i try

stacykippling
    October 26, 2017 at 2:32 am #24703

Hi, what changes do I have to make on my end for the theme to work properly as you’ve setup for me?

Also, why is the theme no longer available on Envato Themeforest for purchase?

I just purchased this theme, is it already dead?

Jegbagus
    October 26, 2017 at 7:48 am #24730

hi stacykippling,

to have all option enabled, you can use this code : https://pastebin.com/t2Jh8Q3Q
    put it on jnews themes folder > class > module > ModuleOptionAbstract.php (replace all the code)
    We remove description of so json_encode will be smaller and your server not crashing.

btw is there any news about your server from godaddy?
    also where can i see detail log about issue on your server? i try to find one yesterday not i got nothing.

Thank you

ciriacooa
    October 28, 2017 at 10:50 pm #24808

hi stacykippling

Install everything from scratch (for the fifth time) in another subdomain with modifications of moduleoptionabstract.php and active opcache in php 7.1 and everything seems to be going well. Did it work for you?

bytes!

stacykippling
    November 11, 2017 at 12:52 am #25297

Sorry to report still not working with latest 1.1.1

Any ideas?

stacykippling
    November 11, 2017 at 1:15 am #25299

When trying to edit a page, just get a page stating:

“Page Not Found

Sorry the page you were looking for cannot be found. Try searching for the best match or browse the links below:”

This is with Php 5.4,5.6,7.0,7.1 with opcache enabled and still unable to edit pages.

Adek
    November 11, 2017 at 6:48 am #25303

Hi stacykippling,

Sorry for late reply. Please try to check it again. As my partner mention on above, we remove the description of option so json_encode will be smaller and your server not crashing.

We will include this change in further theme update. Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.