Documentation

Forum

Menu

wp memory limit 128M

hizmetofisi
    September 6, 2018 at 4:46 am #36176

Hello,
    jnews-system status has the following message:
    WP Memory Limit 40 MB – We recommend setting memory to at least 128MB. See: Increasing the WordPress Memory Limit

but when I look at the hosting features, there is 128M of memory:
    memory_limit 128M 128M

I did the following steps in the documentation, again did not happen.

Tip 2: Changing the Memory Limit via wp-config.php
    If you don’t want to mess with the PHP.ini file, then you can go for this method. In this you won’t be needing to create any extra file in your Directory. Just Adding define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘128M’); in your ‘wp-config.php’ file would increase your PHP Memory Limit to 128 MB.

Tip 3: Modifying the .htaccess file to Increase Memory Limit
    A Default WordPress Installation won’t have a .htaccess file. But in case you already have it for some purposes like ‘301 Redirection’, just add the command php_value memory_limit 128M in your ‘.htaccess’ file and your memory limit will increase to 128 MB.

Tip 4: Changing the Memory Limit via wp-config.php
    This method is just an Alternate to the php.ini method. Because the function of the code we use in this method is same as what we put in the php.ini file.You just need to place the code ini_set(‘memory_limit’,’128M’); in the ‘wp-config.php’ file which is placed in the root folder of your WordPress installation.

hizmetofisi
    September 6, 2018 at 5:00 am #36177
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    September 6, 2018 at 1:30 pm #36192

Hi hizmetofisi,

1. About WP Memory Limit, it’s different from PHP Memory Limit. WordPress has a different limit for the PHP memory limit. The configuration to increasing WP Memory Limit depends on your server configuration. If the step on our documentation doesn’t work yet, you may need to contact your server administrator regarding this thing.

2. About site speed please try to follow the instruction on this article http://support.jegtheme.com/2017/11/increase-google-page-speed-for-jnews/. I will help optimizing the site speed of your website.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.