Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Sort order for portfolio images

Swissjon
    June 25, 2014 at 4:11 pm #670

How do I change the sort order for the portfolio images? I’ve tried the sort order on the gallery, but that doesn’t seem to make a difference. At the moment it seems to be fairly random.

Rai
    June 26, 2014 at 5:30 am #702

Hi Swissjon,

It’s simply by dragging item on Media Builder box:

May I know which portfolio layout that you use?

Swissjon
    June 26, 2014 at 5:52 am #703

I’m using Jphotolio

Unfortunately my portfolios may have 400 images in them (I’m a wedding photographer) so manually sorting the images is impossible, I need your theme to do that for me. I need the portfolio order to be based on something, whether it’s the upload order, photo title, date-time taken or file name, I can manage to comply with those, but to have the order fairly random in my portfolio until I sort it out is painful to say the least, I’ve already sorted it in Lightroom. Please help.

Jegbagus
    June 26, 2014 at 6:49 am #709

hi swissjon, unfortunately we unable to do that on jphotolio because on jphotolio we fetch the real image url, not ID from those image. so it will be impossible to sort image using this method. and we won’t be able to change or make modification on it, because if we change from absolute url to ID, many people will lost their image.

we improve how image fetched on jkreativ. its using ID for image sorting from its released, while jphotolio still using URL on image sorting.

Thank you

Swissjon
    June 26, 2014 at 7:12 am #716

Hello. Since the real URL is based on file name, I would expect the files to be sorted in order of file name, which they are not?? I’m not asking you to necessarily change your code, I’m asking you to change your code, I’m asking you what the sort order is on the images so that I can change that on my image uploads to ensure that I get the images in the order I require. ie. so that …./wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Anne-Stephan-Mariage-140607-256.jpg appears AFTER …/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Anne-Stephan-Mariage-140607-001.jpg, currently it appears immediately before on my site, so there’s something odd in what you say..

Would you be kind enough to check your code and tell me what the sort order is please? I simply want to be able to use this theme as it was intended, as a Wedding Photographers portfolio.

Thank you.

Thanks

Jegbagus
    June 27, 2014 at 12:53 am #748

hi Swissjon, as rai said, you will need to sort image like how he attach on his image, its the only way you can sort the image base on what you want.

its not base on date, or anything, but its base on image sequence (order) on image media gallery. you can take a look again on Rai screenshot.

Thank you

Swissjon
    June 27, 2014 at 6:28 am #762

That’s the problem I am trying to describe to you..

In the media library the images are all in order, 396 is at the top, 001 at the bottom. Then if I go into the image gallery for the portfolio, the images are all out of order, with image 270 at the top. Then, on the public view of the portfolio, the images are in yet a different order, with the first image being 170.

I spent some time reordering the images, but then the portfolio cover image disappeared. When I put it back, the image gallery reordered itself in a different order again.

There must be a bug in your code somewhere. I can show you what I mean if you like? How do I upload images to this thread?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.