Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Size of featured image vs size of images in a post

rpenmore
    April 25, 2016 at 2:10 pm #19923

Hi there,

I am trying to ensure that the images I insert in a post (FYI – I am setting images to large, width 1024px) come up as the same width as the featured image that sits at the top. At the moment there is some discrepancy on some viewing platforms e.g. on Mobile the featured image is wider than the other images as well as on certain browsers when viewed on a desktop – it seems to be ok on safari but not firefox.

OR, if this is difficult too control – is there a way to prevent the featured image sitting at the top of the post? So that the featured image is just used as the link when you click through from the home page or archive. Then I can insert all images in the post at the same width.

Many thanks.

Rai
    April 26, 2016 at 2:24 am #19935

The featured image width is actually the same as Full image size on post content: 1080px. If you use image size Large it will narrow than content container.

We designed the featured image to be wider at mobile version (responsive) to make different than posts images. You can use this custom CSS to make featured image narrower:

Thank you

rpenmore
    April 26, 2016 at 12:32 pm #19951

Ah thanks very much, my mistake!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.