Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Several questions about design customization

borgarbui
    December 1, 2015 at 3:46 pm #16618

Hi,
    I have several questions, to do not make several topics, I will list them in one post:

1.Instagram widget font size
    It seems that widget font-size automatically changes together with content font-size. I want to have widget text size smaller.

2.Gallery mode is broken
    In my previous theme I used JetPack Caoursel as my gallery plugin. Since I have switched to your theme, it got broken.
    I get this error: “Jetpack’s Carousel has been disabled, because another plugin or your theme is overriding the [gallery] shortcode.”
    If your theme has built in gallery mode, please let me know how do I fix galleries in all of my posts.

3. How to get rid of author & date?
    I don’t want to have visible on my front page.

4. Changing navigation bar font and social icons size
    I’ve tried to edit font-size, but the changes did not apply:

Also I’d like to make social buttons in navigation bar a bit bigger, if possible.

Looking forward to hear from you.

borgarbui
    December 1, 2015 at 4:15 pm #16619

Also forgot to add this:

5. Embed video in the post is not showing correctly
    It should be as wide as the paragraph text is.

Rai
    December 2, 2015 at 1:50 am #16623

Hi borgarbui,

1. I’m not quite sure which text do you refers to? Can you provide your site URL?
    2. This theme tailored the gallery shortcode to fit themes feature. If you use 3rd party plugin you need to disable it. Edit file falive-themes/functions.php go to line 268 you should find this code:

Change with this:

3. Add this custom CSS:
    4. Your css is for navigation, not social icons. Try this:
    5. What kind of video do you use? Can you share the url?

Thank you

borgarbui
    December 2, 2015 at 10:40 am #16640
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rai
    December 3, 2015 at 4:30 am #16648

Hi,

1. You can use this CSS to make font size 11px:

2. Because you use third party plugin, it quite hard to us to check if we can’t see the actual issue.

3. The CSS I gave for post list, not sliders as you not mention any slider.

4. As I mentioned, those CSS is for social icons, you said that your CSS before not work for social icons. Your CSS works for navigation.

5. That is default WordPress youtube embed, you can put youtube video as featured content to get Full width. Also, you can force it to fullwidth with CSS:

If you dont have any experience in CSS, this kind of customization will be hard for you. I highly recommend you to hire freelancer to help you.

Thank you

borgarbui
    December 3, 2015 at 11:54 am #16656

1. Fixed.

2. Will try to solve it by myself.

3. I am sorry for not being specific. I want to get rid of author/date on the slider and trending posts bar.

4. I don’t understand what you mean. What I want to do is: change the font size of the menu links text and enlarge social media icons (which is located on the same menu bar) according to the size of the font-size of the menu links. Your given code did resolve it yet.

5. Fixed.

Rai
    December 4, 2015 at 1:32 am #16664

3. This CSS for hiding author/date info on Stack slider & Popular Post:

4. “Changing navigation bar font and social icons size” ⟵ you asked to change navigation font & social icons size, and your CSS selector works for navigation font only, not the social icons. Then I gave you the social icons CSS. That CSS may not fit as you desire, so you can change the parameter (font size) as you want.

FYI, custom CSS that we provide actually out of support area and we more that glad to provide it as a FREE service in order to fix small issue that our customers encountered, not a customization request.

For further customization, we highly recommend you to hire freelancer to help you out. If you interest, we also provide custom change service.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.