rewrite rules

July 9, 2014 at 1:33 am #1321

I use portfolio list page as home page. The link to each portfolio is :
    When clicking, it lands on:

This is not SEO friendly in my opinion. I would like to change the link to the portfolios on the list page to /%portfolio_category%/%postname%/. How to realize this?

Also, when how to change the /portfolio_category/ in the path when linking to a portfolio category? I would like to use some other phrase than “portfolio_category”, for ex, the service name I offer “photography”. Or even best, just simply “/%portfolio_category%/. How to do this?

July 9, 2014 at 7:07 am #1335

That’s good input, thank you. We will consider to improve permalink structure on portfolio. It will need modify few lines of code to rewrite permalink structure. Maybe my partner can provide you which code will need to be changed in order to change permalink structure of portfolio.

For portfolio category base, you can change it but need to edit file on /admin/post-type.php go to line:137

Replace with this code:

Change category to slug you want.

Thank you

July 9, 2014 at 9:45 am #1342

Thanks Rai,
    On portfolio_category base, your code does not work. So far, I use a plugin WP htaccess Control to achieve that.

As for changing the link to the portfolios on the list page to /%portfolio_category%/%postname%/, I had a second thought after my post. If a portfolio belongs to only one category, that will be ok. If not, we have to add a column in the database to assign a main category to a portfolio. That wont be simply solved by a some codes, I guess.

For now, I would like to just use a slug or the slug of the parent portfolio list. Say, all links to single portfolio should have “photographer/” as base. On the portfolio list page, also the PREV & NEXT link on layouts. “photographer” in my case, is the slug of my portfolio list page. There is no key word in my domain so i am quite dependent on having it all time in the link for SEO.

Looking forward to your partners code and instructions!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  z4m3.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  z4m3.
    July 9, 2014 at 3:27 pm #1360

hi z4m3, we are not using portfolio category as slug. its very bad implementation and will raise many complain especially if you having more than 1 portfolio category. also how about if you not having category?

our implementation right now is actually very fluid, you can set your parent, and set your front slug as you want (base on your parent slug).

to change portfolio category slug, you can go to jkreativ themes folder > lib > init.php
    and on line 49, you can change your portfolio category slug.

defined( 'JEG_PORTFOLIO_CATEGORY' ) or define('JEG_PORTFOLIO_CATEGORY' , 'portfolio_category');

Thank you

July 9, 2014 at 4:41 pm #1379

Thanks. You are right. Will do the portfolio-category.

How to set front tag of the portfolios?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.