Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Review sort order

Nooky
    August 19, 2015 at 9:01 am #13780

Hello,

is there no option to influence the sort order of the reviews? In example when creating a review category?

Default sort order ist always “newest first” – but this does not make sense in all cases..

We always use reviews to create a “Top 10” – therefor we need the reviews to be sorted by review ranking – so best rated first.

Categories do not have this option..

And eevn if I create a landing page with the visual composer, there is only the possibility of usind “category” or “newest” as filter.. but also there it would make sense to use category as filter, but also to define a sort order with the option to choose “ranking / rating”.

Or is this option somewhere and I dod not find it?

Thank you for your help! regards

Jegbagus
    August 20, 2015 at 2:46 am #13807

hi Nooky, well if you are want top 10 review, so people won’t be able to see any of newest item that your review?

if you notice, we providing review filter & sort on top of every review page. you can sort by date, price, and rating.

if you mean that you need to change search that currently default by date descending, we can help you to provide how to change it in the code.

Thank you

Nooky
    August 20, 2015 at 8:19 am #13815

Hi,

thank you for that answer. It is fine, that the main category or review main page is sorted by date..

What I ment: I need to create an additional page, where I can show the Top 10 (or all reviews of that category – but ordered by rating – best first).

But when creating a new page (i.e. as landing-page), there is no option or layout for that.

I assume best would be to create a third fragment review_layout.. which uses a field to select the category.. and orders by rating DESC..

Can you tell me, how the query within the layout page code has to look like? This is currently the query of your layout 1:

$statement = array(
    ‘post_type’ => ‘review’,
    ‘post_status’ => array(‘publish’),
    ‘orderby’ => ‘date’,
    ‘order’ => ‘DESC’,
    ‘paged’ => $page
    );

I need a field to select one or more categories.. and the order by rating desc

thank you!

Jegbagus
    August 20, 2015 at 11:13 pm #13830

hi Nooky, thank you for your code, btw i can count your question as new feature request, and we will need to take a look at it first and it may require alot of time because we have timed slot for doing update. if you need it fast, you can hire someone to help you with this request.

btw how about create a post that list your most popular review like other website do?

Thank you

Nooky
    August 21, 2015 at 4:14 pm #13849

Sounds good to integrate that as feature in future releases..

But for now it would be great to have a fast solution. We can program it on our own – no problem..

We only need to know the field name for the query – so we can sort for ratings..

Can you please provide this information

regards

Jegbagus
    August 22, 2015 at 6:49 am #13867

well we will not able to promise to to include custom change, but we will try
    you can use bellow code :

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.