Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Responsive Issues + Featured image + Google

remorada
    December 2, 2015 at 1:25 pm #16642

Hi, I’m using Falive for three months and I like it a lot, but I have some questions, I hope to explain them clearly!

1. When I embed a Youtube video inside the post (not featured) it appears incomplete on mobile view. We have received several complaints about it 🙁

2. I used to use the jetpack gallery to show sliders of little galleries inside the post (not featured), now jetpack function is deactivated, but I want the same effect, do I need another plugin or do I have some option in the Falive theme?

3. A couple of readers told us that they see the sidebar overlapping the post, I don’t have that problem so I can’t explain more, but maybe you had more of this kind of questions.

4. the featured image that I use is either 1080 x 635 or 1200 x 700 (it used to be 600 x 350 in my old theme) but in all cases the related and last posts thumbnails appears cuted on the sides! only the old theme featured images are alright 🙁

5. finally, will the google logo will be updated to match the current version? 😀

sorry for my english and lack of computer skills.

thank you,

Fran
    http://remorada.com/

Rai
    December 3, 2015 at 3:12 am #16647

Hi Fran,

We would like to thank you for using our theme. I try to answer your questions one-by-one:

1. By default the WordPress video embed is not responsive, please add this custom CSS to fix it:

2. Actually this theme has built-in gallery feature which is tailor the wordpress gallery shortcode, you may need to disable it if you would use third party plugin instead. Please refer to this link: http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/topic/several-questions-about-design-customization/#post-16623 at point no 2

3. We haven’t heard our customers complaining about it. Can you tell me more about this issue?

4. If you use smaller featured image than the requirement (1080×635) it will cropped. I suggest you to reupload it to fit with theme requirement.

5. Well, we will consider to update the icons on future update 😀

Thank you

remorada
    December 4, 2015 at 11:04 am #16689

Thank you Rai, problems 1 and 2 are solved now, what a relief!

About number 3, they say some parts of the sidebar, like p.e. instagram picture overlaps the posts in mobile view, i don’t know which model or browser they use, it happens only to a couple of readers :S

I’ll try to solve number 4 with your recommendation, but I have another question about this, Related Posts showed are the lasts of the same category that the post, right? not necessarely related in content.

Thank you again for your rapid answer!

Fran

Rai
    December 5, 2015 at 2:00 am #16700

You’re welcome, Fran! If you can provide screenshots or any details it would be very helpful to investigate this issue further.

Yes, that’s correct. The related posts will show the posts withing the same category with the current post.

Please let us know if you have more questions.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.