Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Publicize with JNews sends full text to Facebook

Lurcovq
    November 10, 2017 at 1:35 pm #25293

Hi there,

I have noticed that when I use Publicize with JNews and have auto share to facebook on that the full text is outputted to facebook. So the facebook share post will show the full content text then the link to the post. The Publicize settings are set to just show the title of the post and a link not the full text. I donot want it to show the full content on the post as people will not click the link to view my website. Is there a fix for this? I have not noticed this with my other themes.

Facebook: facebook.com/thebelfaststar

Thanks, Matthew

Rai
    November 13, 2017 at 2:17 am #25355

Hi Matthew,

Do you use any 3rd party plugin for the autoshare because we never tested with those kind of plugin? Perhaps, there is an option to trim or select text to share. I try to manually share the post via single post and it is work just fine.

Than you

Lurcovq
    November 13, 2017 at 12:53 pm #25390

HI there,

Yeah I am currently using WordPress Automatic Plugin from themeforest to get content from an RSS feed?

Thanks

Rai
    November 14, 2017 at 12:57 am #25407

Hi,

Not quite sure what plugin that is, we never used that before. Is there any option to handle the content to share? You may ask the plugin author about it if you not really sure.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.