Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Portfolio items give a 404 error

toughcookiemarketing
    April 14, 2016 at 9:00 am #19627

Hi there,

We are trying to use the Portfolio function of Jkreativ but each time I create a new portfolio entry it gives a 404 error when I try to access it.

We have tried some troubleshooting steps like refreshing the permalinks and deactivating all plugins to check for conflicts – it has not resolved the error.

I have asked my host to try the solutions listed here – http://dreamdare.org/tips-tricks/how-to-fix-wordpress-custom-post-type-permalink-404-error/

According to my host he was not able to solve the issue using these resolutions either.

We are desperate for a solution. The portfolio function has worked on other instances where we have used Jkreativ so I am positive that it can work.

Many thanks,
    Jeremy Stokes

Adek
    April 15, 2016 at 6:47 am #19658

Hi Jeremy,

you can try this easy trick,

first trick, go to your portfolio list page. and save those portfolio.
    most of time the problem is because permalink structure that not yet get refreshed.

or second trick, visit permalink structure on settings > permalinks. and simply click save to rebuild permalink.

if both of trick not working, please let us know. we may need to check right into your admin panel to see if something wrong with it.

also one more trick, try to change your permalink setting to day & name. most of time combination with trick above will fix the problem.

Thank you

toughcookiemarketing
    April 15, 2016 at 7:12 am #19662

Hi Adek

I have tried all of your suggestions. Nothing has worked.
    As I mentioned I had tried all these, as well as our host, prior to submitting a ticket and did not have any success.

I will post a private reply with log in details for you

Thanks
    Jeremy

toughcookiemarketing
    April 15, 2016 at 7:13 am #19663
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    April 15, 2016 at 9:29 am #19664

Hi Jeremy,

I’ve been check your site previously. Actually there is no problem, but in this case you forget to crate portfolio parent page at first. For more detail you can take a look at our documentation right here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/portfolio/

Previously, i’ve been made portfolio parent called Portfolio as example for you. Hopefully it can help.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.