Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Plugin updates

imagnu
    June 18, 2014 at 2:05 am #329

Hi – for your information – I downloaded the updated theme and loaded it via ftp – then got a notice saying to update Jkreativ Plugin – however I could not find the plugin in the theme folder – and when I clicked the link under the plugin to check for updates it stated I was using the latest version – my version was 1.0 and the notice to update was still at the top of the page – So I then deleted the plugin completely via ftp and got the notice that a required plugin was needed – I installed it and it was the updated plugin 1.0.2. Just letting you know the process may not be easy for newer users.

Jegbagus
    June 18, 2014 at 1:15 pm #347

hi imagnu, your server may still cache plugin version.

the best way to resolve this problem is to reduce cache time of plugin version, so it will check the version maybe in 20 minutes. currently we set it to check every 1 days.

or maybe in future we will not separate themes & plugin. we just try to make our themes compatible with newest themeforest rule. i will ask about it again for this case.

Thank you

Jegbagus
    June 18, 2014 at 1:17 pm #349

You can follow discussion right here : http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/do-we-still-need-to-separate-metabox-into-plugin-when-creating-themes/134472

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.