permalink issue

July 9, 2014 at 6:15 pm #1401

I am having an issue with portfolio permalinks on jkreativ :
    in exemple the permalink of a page is : (it is the permalink on the edit portfolio/admin part of the site)
    but on the public portfolio list page the link is….

any help?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  poulperouge.
    July 10, 2014 at 8:54 am #1416

Those problem is solved here:
    Please check 🙂

Thank you

July 10, 2014 at 9:24 am #1422

Thanks for the suggest, I tried but it does not solve the problem.
    What is strange is that the redirection (adding the /portfolio/ part of the url) is working for one of the portfolio, the first I created in fact. but it doesn’t work for the others.

let me know if you need an admin access to the site (and how to send you the credentials)

July 10, 2014 at 9:49 am #1425

I have the sama problem and asked for help in another post, but the methods provided there does not solve the problem. I checked the link Rai provided and see no clear solution.

July 10, 2014 at 10:03 am #1427

z4m3 : I notice that you can solve the issue if you delete and recreate the faulty portfolio (I know this is not an easy solution :()

July 10, 2014 at 10:16 am #1428

Hi, thanks Poulperouge! I tried to create a new portfolio and added it to a new portfolio list as parent. But the problem still exists. The links to the sigle portfolio still points to the pagename other portfolio/pagename. This permalink should be a simple thing to solve but I am disappointed that jegtheme does not provide a clear answer to it.

July 10, 2014 at 10:23 am #1429

from what I see the problem is more complex than it seems. the link “” is normal but it should be redirected automatically to “”

I just notice on my site that the issue disappear if I setup the portfolio as “ajax portfolio” layout (upper right in the admin interface)

July 10, 2014 at 11:01 am #1431

I use side-content for my whole site 🙁

Yes, by what i see in the code, rewrite rules on normal pages and portfolio custum type is rather complicated. None of the plugins I tried to fix the rewrite worked. I do, like you do, want the links from the list page/back & prev button/ filter to the portolio should be the same as where it lands. for SEO, always portfolio/pagename. Do we hav to wait a update or is there an easy fix?

July 10, 2014 at 11:16 am #1433

According to me there is a bug on the side by side portfolio code
    I have moved my portfolio to Ajax layout.

Hope we can have a fix soon.

July 10, 2014 at 1:26 pm #1439

Could you give me a little hint on the bug on side-conten template?

July 10, 2014 at 1:33 pm #1440

hi z4m3 & poulperouge, its how wordpress work. every custom type (portfolio in this case) will always have url in front of it name. we are doing more advance stuff here, you can setup your own portfolio slug as you want base on your parent portfolio slug (from page), unless you creating page, you won’t have any slug in front of your page name.

you can check on every themes on themeforest, you will see every single page portfolio will have their own post type url.

let me give you example :
    its portfolio name is a-new-chapter
    and slug is portfolio(you cannot change it, its boring right? we have way for you to change it)

another example :
    portfolio slug name is gallery
    and portfolio name is vertical-image-scroll-gallery
    on entire of his page having the same slug “gallery” name. you can compare how flexible my themes rather than other themes just by seeing this.

now i give you another example, BLOG.
    you will get this url :
    single-testis name of post, and blog is permalink of blog post type.

i don’t know what kind of bug you mention, but for me its 100% not a bug.

also what is actually problem with this kind of URL with SEO perspective z4m3, i can say 100% themes on themeforest will have this kind of url pattern. so you talking that 100% themes on themeforest not SEO friendly from SEO perspective?

July 10, 2014 at 1:37 pm #1441

also i don’t think that i need to update or fixing anything here with permalink structure.

Thank you

July 10, 2014 at 2:08 pm #1443

Thanks for your care answer. But we are talking differet things.

1. You demo site is, and the landing page is a portfolio list:
    2. The link to each portfolio on the list page is:
    3. But after clicking it, it lands on :

What me and poulperouge wanted, (if I understand him correctly), is to include the parent slug “portfolio” on step 2, as in all examples you provide.

My extended request is also to include the parent slug in links showing in the PREV, NEXT buttons on side-content layout. As well as the filter on list page.

July 10, 2014 at 2:52 pm #1445

Let ex plain how i see thé problem in my case :

The fact :
    On some portfolio side by side layout the link doesn t work, when someone click on the portfolio link from the portfolio Pagé the redirection IS not working.
    What it means : the link is and should be redirected to but It is not and the user lands on xxx/postname which is not parsed as a portfolio special type but as a standard post type.

What I notice: on some portfolio it works, if the layout of the portfolio IS Ajax it works.
    So i bélieve there IS something wrong with side by side layout.

Things to consider : how Is the redirection triggered? What are the differences between standard mode and Ajax mode, specially regarding the first steps of the server reply.
    IS there any exception that could be triggered on the side by side content ? One of my portfolio was well redirected, why did´nt the others?

I could investigate the code if you tell me what files are used when i click on the portfolio détails from the portfolio list page.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.