Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Pb with Cat Builder (no VC)

cbessonleaud
    August 11, 2015 at 10:20 pm #13462

Hello,

I try to design specific layouts for categories.

I have two pbs so far :

1) No VC on Cat Builder Post Type page

So I’ve built a layout with VC in an post then copy paste the code into the Cat Builder post type.

Then I tested it with a category by selecting the custom cat builder.

2) Category page displays two layouts
    – the custom cat builder
    – AND a build-in cat layout (it may be the first built-in layout but not sure) beginning with “LATEST ON ….”.

Globally, this may be due to the VC pb or maybe not 🙂

I’ve noticed in the Visual Composer parameters that the Cat Builder Post Type doesn’t appear in the post types list who can use VC…

PS :
    – I use the VC plugin build-in with your theme.
    – I’ve deactivated all plugins except those of the theme : nothing changed.

Any ideas ?
    Thanks

Chris.

cbessonleaud
    August 11, 2015 at 10:54 pm #13463

Hi again !

Ok, I’ve looked at your demo site and begin to understand my misunderstanding 😉

My point 2, is neither a bug nor a pb, but it’s the normal display :
    It seems that the Cat builder customizes only the top of the category page, not the post listing.
    Am I right ?

My point 1 is still an issue (even if the workaround seems to work)

Regards
    Chris

Jegbagus
    August 12, 2015 at 2:39 am #13471

hi crish, may i know what PB mean? also can you tell me version of visual composer you use?

Thank you

cbessonleaud
    August 12, 2015 at 11:36 am #13570

Hi,

“Pb” means “problem” 🙂

Visual composer \ About = 4.5.3

For information, I work with a multisite wordpress and the site is not the main site.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Rai
    August 13, 2015 at 5:11 am #13575

Hi Chris,

Is there Backeend Editor button on the Cat Builder editor?
    Please make sure you use Visual Composer plugin that comes with theme (tailored version).

Thank you

cbessonleaud
    August 13, 2015 at 10:22 am #13581

Hi

To be mure : I’ve deleted the Vcplugin and let your theme reinstall your prepackaged VC plugin.
    Still no Backend Editor Button.

I might be totally worong but isn’t it strange that the Cat Builder Custom Post Type does not appear in VC settings where you define which CPT can use VC ?

Chris

Jegbagus
    August 14, 2015 at 6:20 am #13597

hi cbessonleaud, we have found the problem. we will release update today with fix of several issues.
    you will notified from email after our change has been accepted by themeforest.

Thank you

cbessonleaud
    August 15, 2015 at 12:14 am #13672

Thnaks for the update.
    The cat builder seems to work fine.

But I have a message after updating VC packaged with your theme (4.6.2):
    “Important notice: You have an outdated version of Visual Composer Design Options. It is required to review and save it.”
    I have to click on a “Open Design Options” button : it loads a white page with an error message explaining I’ve not the access right for this page.

Actually, I’ve noticed that in VC settings I hadn’t access to these VC “Design Options” (used for customizing the VC basic colors and css styles). I should have access to the Design Options to better match the Vc styles with my customized JMagz Theme.

Thank you
    Chris

Jegbagus
    August 15, 2015 at 3:28 am #13675

hi Chris, may i know where you get those notice? i doesn’t get those notice while using and editing jmagz.

also which design option do you mean? we are disable default VC design option on purpose. We notice alot of people mess with the themes especially for people who just use the themes, and they will complain because of it. that is why we need to disable it so easier for people to achieve what we provide.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.