Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Page pagination is not working

tanyarae
    January 8, 2016 at 2:22 pm #17474

The pagination buttons for viewing the next page at the bottom of my homepage do not work. When clicked, the homepage refreshes but is not directed to the next page of posts.

http://lovelygreens.com

image: http://bit.ly/1Ror1tQ

Fordracingchick
    January 8, 2016 at 4:00 pm #17476

Same exact issue with me. Must be a Theme issue with latest Wp update. I started a topic on this too. Hopefully we here back soon!

Fordracingchick
    January 8, 2016 at 4:07 pm #17477

I also see it is only the pagination from your homepage, and not your menu categories. Same as mine as well.
    Click page 2 from the homepage, it refreshes the homepage. Click page 2 in a category and it works. Exactly like your site. I wonder how many sites this is happening on and the owners don’t know it yet.

Fordracingchick
    January 8, 2016 at 4:11 pm #17478

I also saw your other post about the ad overlay issue. I think this might be happening because the ad code you have implemented is not a “responsive” code. Might want to check and see if the code you have added is “responsive”

tanyarae
    January 8, 2016 at 4:15 pm #17479

The ad code is responsive and managed by a third party – it’s been happening since before the ad company implemented the code though.

Hopefully both issues can be resolved soon!

Fordracingchick
    January 8, 2016 at 4:48 pm #17482

OK. Your site looks pretty good on my end. The one ad goes under your IG feed is all, nothing to ruin the user experience. When I make the window small like I would see it on a phone, the ad pops in at a certain point while scrolling down so thats why I thought it wasnt responsive. Also, Your Instagram icon is not linked properly in your menu bar. The feed links to your proper Instagram url, but your menu bar icon is not.
    Great site and topics BTW.

Fordracingchick
    January 8, 2016 at 10:02 pm #17487

Support?

Rai
    January 9, 2016 at 5:31 am #17500

Hi guys,

For pagination issue I’m not sure it is a theme issue, I also have the latest wordpress version updated and the pagination works fine on my side. Can you try to disable 3rd party plugins beside theme’s required plugins? I may also need login to your backend for further investigations. I you can provide login credentials, please post as a private reply because its sensitive information.

Thank you

Fordracingchick
    January 9, 2016 at 2:24 pm #17510
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rai
    January 11, 2016 at 2:15 am #17539

Hi guys,

After we investigate the issue, we tested also with several wordpress version and this only happend with the latest wordpress 4.4.1. This is the wordpress core bug, please refer to this: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35344

To resolve this you may need to revert to WP 4.4 or wait for the official update from wordpress. I asure you this is NOT a THEME ISSUE. This WP bug will affect all themes that utilize homepage template as their front page.

Thank you

Rai
    January 11, 2016 at 2:34 am #17543

I found a temporary fix for this issue, but you guys need to mark this is not a theme update, this will update wordpress core file so this may a critical file.

WARNING: PLEASE CREATE BACKUP BEFORE CONTINUE

Update file located at: your-wordpress-folder/wp-includes/canonical.php with this:

Thank you

Fordracingchick
    January 11, 2016 at 2:40 am #17546

I knew it was the 4.4.1! Reasons like this is why they need a “revert to previous” built into WordPress. How long have people been asking for this feature in wordpress?? People shouldn’t have to go into FTP to restore a previous version of WP themselves. Thanks for letting us know what the issue is Rai. I hope the release a fix soon. I think I would rather revert to 4.4 for now instead of use a patch.

Rai
    January 11, 2016 at 2:46 am #17547

I also recommended to revert to stable version instead. Also, in future please not rushing to updating wordpress version if this is not a security update or just minor update, and the important is if the theme’s not support yet.

Thank you

tanyarae
    January 11, 2016 at 10:18 am #17558

I absolutely cannot revert back to the past version of WordPress. It has a bug in it that enabled a hacker to attack my site – in December I had to pay an outside consultant to clean my site of malware. My lesson from the experience – always run the current version of wordpress.

I’m not a programmer so have no idea how to go about conducting the fix you mention above. Could you provide steps on how we can do this?

tanyarae
    January 11, 2016 at 10:58 am #17561

@fordracingchick – thanks for the heads up on my instagram icon 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.