Need Help With Creating Homepage
Post count: 19aatishrkambleMarch 12, 2018 at 12:03 am #29446
I am trying to create a homepage. But here are the things I am facing problems with:
1. I want to use JNews Hero 11 to feature the most viewed article but at the same time, I don’t want to display featured articles in Page Loop. In short, I do not want to display the same article in two different places.
2. Page Loop pagination does not have this meta tags:123<link rel="canonical" href="https://www.example.com/page/2" /><link rel="prev" href="https://www.example.com/" /><link rel="next" href="https://www.example.com/page/3" />
More info on this: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1663744Post count: 19aatishrkambleMarch 12, 2018 at 12:10 am #29447
Also, can you help with the code to display updated date? Like when an old article is updated, it should display UPDATED ON 11/03/2018.Post count: 7931AdekMarch 12, 2018 at 11:10 am #29481
1. In this case, you can use Exclude Post ID field on the Page Loop setting, so that post won’t show up on the page loop content.
2. For this thing, we will take a look at this thing for next theme update.
3. For showing latest update date, may I know where you want to show it? Just want to make sure on this thing.
Thank youPost count: 19aatishrkambleMarch 12, 2018 at 3:06 pm #29489
The same place where the published date is shown. When an article is updated, the publish date should change to update date with this text beside (Ex: UPDATED ON 12/02/2018).Post count: 2516JegbagusMarch 13, 2018 at 4:14 pm #29520
you to change something like that, you can replace the code on jnews themes folder > class > Single > SinglePost.php
jnews themes folder > fragment > post > meta-post-1 (line 22) & meta-post-2 (line 20)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.