Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Multi Layer Parallax is useless in Safari and sucks in Firefox

oh1
    August 8, 2017 at 7:49 pm #24195

I bought the JKreativ theme specifically for multi-layer parallax. The description on themeforest emphasized the smoothness. I have spent countless hours putting together a long scrolling page for an important client only to realize that this theme is completely useless for parallax outside of chrome. One would hope that if you implemented a major feature of a theme as a selling point for that theme that it would be supported in more than one browser.

I have found posts now dating back 3 years where frustrated users are being told its “a bug in safari” and you are “investigating”. This seems to be a standard response that you use to get people off your back while you do nothing about the underlying issue. Which is, in fact, that this feature is completely useless outside of chrome browser.

ZERO users would find the jittery, stuttering, tearing quality of the parallax scrolling in safari and firefox OK. If I had known that these NON SOLVABLE issues had existed I would not have purchased the theme. Its not like there is any indication on themeforest that you are buying something that will not work cross-browser.

Please forgive me if I sound harsh, but for you to know about this issue for years and years and not work on a fix (even if that means using a completely different method) is unacceptable. Its like buying a car that only works on two days of the week. The majority of web users dont just use chrome. It is simply unprofessional and also dishonest to sell through a feature that is this crippled in real world use.

If there is a fix. Please, please advise. I am so frustrated right now. You have embarrassed me in front of my client and I have lost major face because they pulled it up in safari and I was stunned to see what it looked like.

oh1
    August 14, 2017 at 5:27 pm #24213

6 days and no response.

Adek
    August 15, 2017 at 4:15 am #24216

Hi oh1,

Please contact us directly via email here [email protected].

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.