Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Issue with Facebook Sharing on Posts

iamtheste
    May 7, 2015 at 8:39 am #11480

Hi, I’m having a small issue with the Facebook sharing on posts. The website is adtono.com if you need a look

On some posts it works and on others it doesn’t (image below)
    Facebook sharing broken

All the other forms of sharing seem to be working. I also wanted to ask, is there a way to alter the URL that’s shared? e.g. the full URL instead of http://adtono.com/?p=210 for example. Or so we can add in tags for analytics perhaps (UTM I think it is).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Ste

Rai
    May 8, 2015 at 2:06 am #11518

Hi,

I checked your site it seems the facebook sharing works fine:

To alter the short URL to be full URL you need to edit file located at: jmagz-theme/fragment/post-social-share.php and change file content with this:

Thank you

MarcoX
    June 28, 2015 at 3:31 am #12639

Bonjour, pourquoi quand on partage sur Facebook (ou sur Google+) les images ne s’affichent pas ? Merci

Hello, why when we share on Facebook (or on Google +) the images do not display? Thank you

Rai
    June 29, 2015 at 4:15 am #12647

Hi MarcoX,

By default Facebook, Google will fetch the image that contain within page to show. Your post not showing image because it is has no image at all on your post. It possible to display post featured image on social share by using 3rd party plugin such as: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wonderm00ns-simple-facebook-open-graph-tags/.

Thank you

MarcoX
    July 6, 2015 at 12:10 pm #12842

OK merci pour la rรฉponse Rai ๐Ÿ˜‰

OK thank you for the answer Rai ๐Ÿ˜‰

Rai
    July 7, 2015 at 5:16 am #12849

You’re welcome @marcox ๐Ÿ™‚

iamtheste
    July 8, 2015 at 3:25 pm #12876

Thanks for your response(s). It works on some posts and not on others. I’m not sure why. I’ve also seen other people sharing content directly from the website getting the same result (Page not found). I just went through the latest few posts and 3 out of 5 came up as Page not found.

I’m unsure how to resolve it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  iamtheste.
    Jegbagus
    July 13, 2015 at 1:36 pm #12934

hi iamtheste, its normal on facebook. we also experience something like that. facebook it self do some kind of cache on their system and after several time trying, it show up. you can find the problem is actually common on google with keyword “facebook share 404 not found”.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.