Homepage changes

March 3, 2018 at 1:12 am #29216

I’ve 2 questions:
    1. How do I change the subheadings on the homepage (‘worldwide’, ‘science’ etc.) to our categories?
    2. Our homepage has slowed down considerably with all of the images loading – is there a way to speed this up?

March 5, 2018 at 10:24 am #29247

Hi pollemma,

1. You can change it on the Title and Second Title input field on the Header setting.

2. May I know what option that you use for the Image Load Mechanism option?

Thank you

March 5, 2018 at 10:30 am #29249

1. You could change it in each Module settings and find Title option under Header tab. See screenshot:

2. Try enabling Lazy Load for images, to do it navigate to Appearance > Customize > JNews : Image & Gallery Option > Image Load & Generator Setting > Image Load Mechanism > then select Lazy load image

Thank you

March 12, 2018 at 4:58 am #29448

Hi Rai,

Thanks for the advice from you and Adek. So I was able to fix the second issue. It was actually on lazy load image already, so I changed it back to normal and the images appear to be loading faster now. Perhaps this is just a temporary improvement, but all seems well.

For the first issue, I cannot locate the Title option/tab under J News: Header.
    Could you please explain how I reach the page that is shown on your screenshot?

Thanks again

March 12, 2018 at 9:12 am #29455

Hi pollemma,

Firstly you need to go edit the page and find out the module block element that you want to edit. Then please check this images here, Let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.