Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Footer job filter

v.siuksteris
    July 8, 2016 at 9:04 am #21108

Hello,

In your theme, there are two filters in footer. One “Tag cloud” and other “Job by location”.

Is there a way to create same filter just with different values.

In my case, I want to change “Job by location” filter to “Job by responsabilities”. So my question is am I able to do so? And if so, then how can I do that?

Jegbagus
    July 12, 2016 at 2:32 am #21163

hi siuksteris, may i know how you add responsibility category on your website?
    btw the easiest way to do that is to do real search. for example, you can create menu with this url :

http://jobplanet.jegtheme.com/job-list/?keyword=IOS

it will search IOS keyword on your job, you can use this to filter string that you want to put on your footer.

Thank you

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jegbagus.
    v.siuksteris
    July 12, 2016 at 6:42 am #21170

Hi, we added them based on your instructions that you wrote me before.

Instructions:

plugin > template > job > search-job-filter.php
    plugin > assets > js > plugins.js. you can see there is code that trigger ajax_filter_search. you will need to use it too.

$( document.body ).trigger( ‘ajax_filter_search’ );

jobplanet-plugin > lib > class-jeg-job.php
    and on line 217, you can find build_job_seach_query. its query you need to alter.

And for your suggestion to use filter. Well it wont work, because search does not find any filters assigned to job.

Jegbagus
    July 13, 2016 at 2:05 am #21186

you will need to create additional field and it will be quite hard to implement. if you using my above answer, it may easier for you to use simple search text field.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.