Displaying full blog posts instead of samples

July 7, 2014 at 8:40 pm #1247

Hi, I’m trying to make it so that my blog posts display the full information including embedded links and social media like buttons. Is there a code for this? currently it just displays the preview of the post like this:

current blog post

and I’d like it to display the entire post like below so the user doesn’t have to click the post just to see all the information/links.

full post

Also, is there an update planned to fix the look of Soundcloud blog posts? If you can see in the images, underneath the album art there’s a lot of empty space (this space is exaggerated when posts are set to wide view instead of half as well)

July 8, 2014 at 3:43 am #1259

hi branp24,

you want to show full content inside blog list right? you will need to change code little bit, go to jkreativ themes folder > template > blogpost > normal.php and on line 21, change to

<?php echo the_content() ?>

instead of

<?php echo get_the_excerpt() ?>

Thank you

July 28, 2014 at 10:55 pm #2253

Hey, I was unable to locate that in line 21. The blog post file name is different as well than what you have here. I have version 1.1.2 of the theme. Screen Shots are attached, let me know if I’m missing something. Screenshots below.

screen shot 1

image 2

July 30, 2014 at 9:46 am #2311

Hi branp24,

You pick the wrong file, the file that my friends refer to is template/blogpost/normal.php you need to update via FTP, it can’t be found via WP Admin theme editor.

Edit those file then simply replace whole content with this:

thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.