Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Custom Portfolio Types?

keyspan
    July 20, 2014 at 2:31 pm #1924

I’d love to create a new custom portfolio type that combines the elements of two existing portfolio types. I’m wondering if you can give me some pointers.

So I love the initial look of the Side content portfolio layout because of the way the information panel is displayed on the side with all the images to the left. But I also love the slider nature of the Ajax portfolio type (where the side navigation menu and top portfolio menu items remain visible, but the portfolio fills the screen and has the image circle previous and next controls). I’d like to combine the two of these, so I start with the Side content portfolio, but then clicking on a portfolio item from the left, brings up the full screen Ajax style slider.

Is there any way to achieve this? To my thinking, it would be an ideal portfolio style.

Rai
    July 22, 2014 at 7:04 am #1971

Hi @keyspan,

Your idea is great, but I really sorry, there is no option on single portfolio (side content) to do Ajax Expand like on portfolio list. I’m sure it will need custom changes on javascript and php code.

Actually, there are 3 option for expand image on side content portfolio that you can use which is Photoswipe, Magnific or Swipebox from Gallery Expand Script option under Jkreativ Portfolio Side Content Setting.

Thank you

keyspan
    July 22, 2014 at 4:37 pm #1995

Thanks for the response. Can I ask, is there an easy way to change the top and bottom bars when using swipebox? I’d like the navigation at the top, caption on the bottom. Currently in the Gallery view of a particular portfolio, I’ve got captions instead of the + symbol, and since those captions appear at the bottom of each photo, it would seem to make sense to keep the captions on the bottom with swipebox.

Thanks!

Rai
    July 23, 2014 at 6:42 pm #2050

Hi keyspan,

I think you need to customize the Swipebox plugin to do that. Why don’t you just use Photoswipe expand? With Photoswipe, the bottom bar is caption and top bar is navigation.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.