Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Combine javascript

jkapel
    December 15, 2014 at 4:27 pm #7668

Hello,

after analyzing my website using tools like gtmetrix, YSlow etc., I see that there are 44 javascripts executed! Which is insane!
    I inspected all elements and I find that almost all of them are created by the theme and the jkreativ plugin.

How do we solve this? It is important for page performance, and right now it is one of the major drawbacks for the website’s performance.

I tried using various plug-ins that do combine js and/or send scripts to footer. All of them failed, no matter what combinations I tried to exclude certain scripts from combining. The website was always broken.

Now, what they say in all documentation of these plug-ins is that for them to work, the theme must allow this : wp_enqueue_scripts correctly.

So the question is, does jkreativ utilize wp_enque_scripts or not? Do you have any other suggestions?

thank you

Jegbagus
    December 18, 2014 at 1:50 am #7732

hi jkapel, i see that you already able to join javascript.

Thank you

jkapel
    December 18, 2014 at 8:37 am #7739

Yes, after trying various plugins that failed, I finally found a plugin that managed to do this successful.

thanks.
    Resolved.

ealdrich
    December 18, 2014 at 8:27 pm #7745

What plugin did you find that eventually worked?

jkapel
    December 19, 2014 at 8:42 am #7762

Hi ealdrich,

the plugin that finally worked is W3 Total Cache. The improvement was very big. But it does not do it automaticaly, well at least in my case it did not.
    When you first install it, it gives the options to set all configuration to auto and default. But many times, that doesn’t work, so you have to turn it to manual settings and configure it yourself.
    It took me 2-3 days of work, all day long, trying and testing one by one each script. Some times, it gave me a broken website or caused some functionality to be lost, but you can easily remove any script from the configuration or change the sequence, move it up or down, until you make it work. It is a trial end error process.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.