Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Change Portfolio Author?

keyspan
    July 20, 2014 at 2:32 pm #1925

It would be great to be able to change the author for the Portfolio custom post type (as you can with Posts or Pages). Would you consider adding this ability to the next release? Something like this: http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/59314/how-do-i-change-the-author-of-a-custom-post-type

Thanks!

Rai
    July 22, 2014 at 7:16 am #1972

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion, we will consider to add Author on portfolio post type in next update. For now, actually you can do it yourself by update one line of code. Open file this location admin/post-type.php then go to line:69

Replace this code:

With this code:

Please let me know if you had problem with that.

Thank you

keyspan
    July 22, 2014 at 4:51 pm #1996

I made this change, and I now see an author column when listing portfolios, but still can’t EDIT the author.

When clicking Quick Edit the Author dropdown does not appear. If I checkbox a portfolio (or multiple portfolios) and then select Edit under Bulk Actions, I get the Author dropdown but only one author appears in the dropdown (the current author). I’ve double-checked and I do have a second user account setup with Admin privileges, so there should be a 2nd author in the dropdown.

Seems related to that link I posted at the top of this thread, which contains the following reply from someone on this issue:

I found out that the edit author attribute is not added by default in for custom post types. To add the author attribute the following code is required:

Not sure where this would go though…..

Thanks!

Rai
    July 23, 2014 at 6:56 pm #2051

Hi,

If you do those changes correctly, you should able to see author option on quick edit or full edit portfolio.
    Please see this screenshot:

Those code that you give have the same effect as code that I give you.

Please check again and let me know 🙂

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.