Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Category and Logo Questions

chedglen
    April 24, 2015 at 2:18 am #11136

Hi there,

Just bought the theme, and I’m loving it! I only have two questions so far for you guys:

1) What are the recommended dimensions for the website logo? Specifically, what dimensions work the best for the desktop logo and for the mobile logo?

2) I can’t quite figure out how to make a category landing page. I see how to access the category builder when I create a category, but when I make a new page, how do I use the layout I made in the category builder?

Thanks!

Jegbagus
    April 24, 2015 at 4:27 am #11138

hi chedglen,

1. we don’t have recommend image size. because we also have option to make navigation bigger. but if you want to replicate our demo page, you may interested to see this image : http://jmagz.jegtheme.com/wp-content/themes/jmagz-theme/public/img/logo.png . its 150×60 pixel image.

2. you can go to your wordpress admin panel > posts > categories > click edit to of your categories > Choose Your Category Layout (you will find your category layout you have been create right here)

Thank you

chedglen
    April 24, 2015 at 6:38 am #11142

Thank you, as you have answered my logo question. However…

Looking back on it, I didn’t make myself that clear in question 2. I understand that if I want a custom category layout, go to category builder. I also understand that when you go posts>categories>choose one of the category layouts that I’m selecting a layout for that category. What I don’t understand though is the next step after that…hence, I chose my layout, but how do I assign that layout to a web page and have it show up when people are looking at my category landing page?

Thanks!

Jegbagus
    April 29, 2015 at 1:02 am #11254

hi chedglen, when people visit your category page, they will see your category layout.
    this one is example of how we use category builder on demo : http://jmagz.jegtheme.com/category/entertainment/
    as you can see the URL, its category / entertaiment, this URL generated from WordPress it self.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.