Blog Types not working

July 21, 2014 at 9:10 am #1944

No matter what I switch to on the blog page, it only displays as the ‘normal’ type. I want masonry.

July 21, 2014 at 9:40 am #1949

I meant it only displays the ‘clean’ layout. I can’t even get it to display a sidebar.

July 21, 2014 at 9:41 am #1950

July 21, 2014 at 10:19 am #1952

I figured it out. When making a Blog landing page, it can NOT be set in the Settings>Reading>Blog dropdown. That will overwrite any settings on the page itself. You have to create a separate (unused if wished) landing page just for that setting, then create the real blog listing page any way you want.

July 25, 2014 at 4:06 pm #2141

I don’t understand could you help me, I want this for a client.

July 27, 2014 at 12:07 am #2196

Hi guys,

To use Blog in Jkreativ you should create Page with Blog Template as blog list page. From Page you can switch to Blog template such as Masonry, Normal, Clean or Wide layout.

Hope that helps.

Thank you

August 28, 2014 at 1:52 pm #3419

I was struggling with this at first, I was trying to update the “sample page” for the blog, but no matter what blog template you choose, it just displayed the noraml layout. it seems that any page created before the theme was installed can not be updated to use the blog templates, I have not tried with other page templates, but I presume the same results.

You have to create a new page for the page templates to work, this could be a problem for someone who already has a wordpress with existing pages created, then if they want to use this theme and update page layouts, would have to create all pages again, alot of copy and pasting.

Is there a resolution for this?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.