Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Advanced Job Search categories

v.siuksteris
    June 27, 2016 at 8:11 am #20952

Hello,

I’m building a website with your theme Jobplanet and since now I really enjoy it.

Now I need to add one more filter for job type in advanced job search page and I can’t find where and how to add additional filters. Now I have default filters that came with theme: Search Keywords, Location, Contract Type, Categories, Salary Range, Salary filter.

As I said, I need one more filter for job type, example: Developer, UI/UX designer etc. So is there a way to add additional filters for job search? Or I need to modify template? Until now, I was not able to find anything in support or forum, so your answer would be really great.

And I also want to change filters title, can I do that and how?

Thank you

Jegbagus
    June 28, 2016 at 1:54 am #20961

hi v.siuksteris, this kind of change will need you to have quite good knowledge about WordPress development.
    i going to point you to where you can change it, but i will not be able to specifically give you code about it.

1. front end for filter, please go to jobplanet plugin > template > job > search-job-filter.php
    2. of course you will also need to control javascript who handle this, because filter is using ajax generated result. go to jobplanet plugin > assets > js > plugins.js. you can see there is code that trigger ajax_filter_search. you will need to use it too.

3. and the last is, you will need to alter query of your result. go to jobplanet-plugin > lib > class-jeg-job.php
    and on line 217, you can find build_job_seach_query. its query you need to alter.

Thank you

v.siuksteris
    June 28, 2016 at 6:24 am #20967

Thank you for your help.

Jegbagus
    June 30, 2016 at 6:25 am #21002

you are welcome

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.