Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Adding tags to Review post type

Shmeets
    March 26, 2015 at 10:21 am #10315

Hi Agung Bayu Iswara,

First of all, thanks for making this fantastic theme. Great job!

I’d like to enable tags on the custom post-type ‘review’.

I believe this would require a minor modification of the “jmagz-plugin” plugin, specifically the “jmagz-plugin/lib/post-type.php” file.

I’ve tried adding ‘tags’ and then ‘post-tags’ to the ‘supports’ array, to no effect.

Any hints or help would be appreciated!

Best regards,

Peter

Jegbagus
    March 27, 2015 at 10:54 pm #10361

hi Shmeets, we are change tag into product brand. you can see that on review, we have product category (that usually used like category on post) and product brand (that you usually use as tag on post).

also change on backend will need you to made some kind of change also on front end. but if you insist to give additional tag, you can use this code :

Thank you

Shmeets
    March 28, 2015 at 12:58 pm #10373

Thanks,

It seems like this new code would add an additional category to the custom post type “review”.

Is there any way to support the same tag system from the regular post type instead?

So that standard WP tags could be used across both ‘normal’ posts, as well ‘review’ posts (whether in the ‘product category’ or ‘product brand’ categories?)

This might not be possible…

Appreciate your help!

Jegbagus
    March 30, 2015 at 12:27 pm #10415

hi Shmeets, im not really sure if its possible. we never do something like that.
    but i do quick search, i find this article : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10245071/show-tag-panel-in-custom-post-type

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.