Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

YouTube videos not responsive on mobile

KnowTechie
    August 27, 2016 at 4:33 pm #21794

Hey there,

Long time user of the theme, it’s been really great. My site is http://KnowTechie.com and I’ve noticed for quite some time that anytime I insert a YouTube video into a post (not the video format option), it doesn’t show up as responsive on mobile. It rather extends pass the borders of the page and makes it all whacky. Any solution to this?

Jegbagus
    August 30, 2016 at 3:22 am #21800

hi KnowTechie, are you using another plugin to insert youtube video? we also test it on our end, but it work fine. or you may need to upgrade your themes to fix this issues.

Thank you

KnowTechie
    August 30, 2016 at 1:15 pm #21801

I’m currently on Jmagz v1.3, is this the latest?

Also, I’m not using any other plugin to insert video. At first I thought it may have been the jetpack plugin, but I deactivated it and it still not showing videos responsive on mobile.

KnowTechie
    August 30, 2016 at 1:16 pm #21802

Also, I’ve noticed that the semantics and snippets are not displaying in Google search results for reviews as well.

Jegbagus
    September 1, 2016 at 6:19 am #21811

hi KnowTechie, can you give me URL where you have this video issues?

Thank you

KnowTechie
    September 1, 2016 at 2:35 pm #21814

Here’s an example: http://knowtechie.com/snag-the-umi-max-4g-smartphone-for-less-than-140-at-gearbest/ (the video is at the bottom of the post)

You’ll notice on mobile it extends pass the borders. I just added the youtube link right in the editor. Embedding does the same thing.

I noticed, if I embed the video and add a <div class=”video container” it seems to work, but that takes a lot of time and effort.

Jegbagus
    September 2, 2016 at 1:20 am #21816

hi KnowTechie, may i know how you add your youtube video? i try to add video by simply copy & paste the video url. and its working fine on our side. you can take a look right here example of youtube video : http://jmagz.jegtheme.com/ajax-page-load/

Thank you

KnowTechie
    September 2, 2016 at 1:47 pm #21818

I add youtube videos by simply pasting the video url right in the wordpress editor. It works on your end, but unfortuantely it doesn’t work on mine unless I place the <div class=”video container” to make it work.

To be fair, inserting youtube videos within posts were never responsive on my end. I have no idea what’s going on.

Jegbagus
    September 5, 2016 at 2:25 am #21822

hi knowtechie, it should automatically add video-container wrap right after you add your video.
    we have it on jmagz-plugin > lib > filter-shortcode.php
    you can take a look at function : custom_oembed_filter. it will wrap your video iframe (youtube & video) automatically.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.