Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Visual Composer Not Working After Theme Update

glibero
    June 5, 2016 at 3:45 pm #20562

Hello!

Have you had any reports of Visual Composer not working after the latest update? I’m not sure if it’s a problem with the theme or with my host, but I figured I would start here. I’m only able to use the Classic (which I’m not a fan of). When I click into the Backend Editor I can click to ADD an element but then nothing happens. I also can’t see any existing sections of the current page except for the Heading, Footer and Landing Navigation options.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
    Gary

Adek
    June 6, 2016 at 2:07 am #20576

Hi Gary,

Can you help me to provide me your site url so i can check it directly on my side here.

Thank you

glibero
    June 6, 2016 at 3:40 pm #20586
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    June 7, 2016 at 5:06 am #20604

Hi Gary,

I’ve been check your site previously and it seems you will need to update your VC plugin into v4.11.2. We’ve been include those plugin file on theme package. Kindly you can check it out.

Thank you

glibero
    June 7, 2016 at 12:23 pm #20610

Thanks Adek! I worked with my host’s support and they told me yesterday that VC does not work with the latest version of WP. What we had to do was revert my WP version back and then VC worked again.

When updating the Jkreativ theme, does VC automatically update or is that something that has to be done separately?

I’m currently back up and running but not at the latest WP version. I will have to give this a run through on one of my test sites to see what happens.

Thanks!
    G

Adek
    June 8, 2016 at 1:43 am #20619

Hi Gary,

In this case you can try to use latest version of WordPress v4.5.2 and using our theme v2.3.8. We’ve been include new version of VC plugin as well (v4.11.2) on theme package.

Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.