Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Visual Composer – Missing Sections

TheDavisEffect
    August 21, 2015 at 6:28 pm #13852

Hi,

When I update a page, some of the sections are missing in the “Classic Mode,” but the code shows up in the “Backend Editor.”

When will you be updating Visual Composer to the latest version?

Is there something else that I can do?

TheDavisEffect
    August 21, 2015 at 9:18 pm #13859

I went ahead and bought Visual Composer so I could update to the latest version, but that did not fix the problem.

Here is a screen shot: Screenshot

I can’t update my site.

Jegbagus
    August 22, 2015 at 9:05 am #13875

hi thedaviseffect, we not really suggesting you to update visual composer plugin. because we will need to check it our self first before we pack it to your customer.

may i know what is your problem? you don’t have backend editor / classic mode button?

Thank you

TheDavisEffect
    August 22, 2015 at 8:23 pm #13877
    This reply has been marked as private.
    TheDavisEffect
    August 24, 2015 at 9:25 pm #13906

Jegbagus, I am unable to do any work on my website because the Visual Composer is not working. Will you be able to log in and look at the problem?

I get the following error in console:

Uncaught URIError: URI malformed
    Template : template/template-landing-page-vc.php – Page Template : template/template-landing-page-vc.php
    Deprecated TinyMCE API call: <target>.onNodeChange.add(..)

Jegbagus
    August 25, 2015 at 3:26 am #13917

hi thedaviseffect, we going to upload new update of themes hopefully today.
    after we update the themes (also all plugin), please try to update it as well.
    you will notified by email once our new udpate accepted.

Thank you

TheDavisEffect
    August 25, 2015 at 6:12 am #13922

Hi, I just updated to the new theme and new plugins, but I am still having the same problem.

Can you please login to my site so you can see the problem? The login credentials are in the private message above.

I can not update my site because of this problem, so I am completely stuck!

Thank you.

TheDavisEffect
    August 25, 2015 at 6:17 pm #13943

It has been 4 days. Please, I really need help. I can not update my website with your theme.

Jegbagus
    August 26, 2015 at 3:51 am #13959

hi thedaviseffect, its kind of hard for me to fix the issues because the problem it self on visual composer.
    i try to change themes to twenty fifteen, and disable all plugin that i have, the problem is still exist. so i can say its not themes problem but instead visual composer issues.

if you have access to ask question about this issues on visual composer themes it will be great to hear what they said about it.

also tell them this error

URIError: malformed URI sequence

Thank you

TheDavisEffect
    August 26, 2015 at 6:32 pm #13974

I have already emailed the developer of Visual Composer on August 21. They told me that the theme developer would need to correct the issue. This is the email chain:

Me:
    “About halfway through the page, the sections stop showing up in the Visual Composer front end editor, but all of the code shows up in the back end editor.”
    (I also sent the same screen shot that I sent to you)

Visual Composer:
    “The is most likely because there is an inbuilt version of Visual Composer (or the related code) present in your theme which is overriding the standalone plugin version and hence causing the issue. You will have to get rid of it. I would advise you to do so with the help of theme author, otherwise you might loose the extra elements added by him. Once this is done, you can install the standalone plugin and it will work fine. Kindly check.”

Me:
    “Hi, thanks for the quick response.
    The theme does come with Visual Composer as part of the package. The problem just started happening today with the inbuilt version, before I installed the stand alone version. I bought the stand alone version today after the problem started, but I am still having the same problem.
    Were you able to check for any errors? The screen shot I provided shows an error in the console view, but I don’t know much about coding, so I have no idea what it means.
    I really need some help. I can’t update the site.”

Visual Composer:
    “The standalone plugin which is installed will be in-effective as long as the inbuilt version (or the related code) is present in the theme. This is because it will always override the standalone plugin and hence the issue will continue to exists. So for standalone plugin to work properly, you need to get rid of this inbuilt version, we recommend doing this with the help of theme author else you will loose all the custom elements (like: jcreative section title from your screenshot) which are coded by him. Yes it does show and error which is related to the same issue. Let us know if you have any more questions.”

I have uninstalled the stand alone Visual Composer, and then I uploaded the Visual Composer from the Jkreativ theme again. I am using only the Jkreativ theme now.

Why will neither of you help? I have bought a theme from you, and a plugin from them, and both of you are blaming each other. I am not a coder (which is why I bought your theme instead of making my own), so I have no idea how to fix this problem, and it has been almost a WEEK and I can’t update my website.

What am I supposed to do???????????

Jegbagus
    August 27, 2015 at 1:58 am #13982

hi thedaviseffect, i set a new fresh WordPress installation just for this case so we clear who is having problem here. we use twenty fifteen themes, no themes installed except visual composer it self.

and i try to replicate your problem with this code : http://pastebin.com/MTfvD4R7

for more detail, i give you screenshot. i print screen URL of website so you can see that i not lie that i try to replicate your problem with fresh install themes.

and i get exactly the same problem with you. is this mean our themes having the problem? i don’t think so.

on your previous problem, i admit that it may because of our themes because when you change to basic themes you don’t have the problem, and we fix the problem because we can fix it on our side.

now with this issues. i only can say that its on visual composer side. our themes having nothing to do with this issues. you will need to push them harder.

Thank you

TheDavisEffect
    August 28, 2015 at 12:05 pm #14013

Hi, the Visual Basic developer finally helped! I copied what you said, and this was their response:

“Hi Chris,

I do not think the “pushing harder” is required and apologies for the delayed response. I have attached the beta version of the next release (which will be out in couple of days) with my reply. We tested the issue further over the day and found that it might be an incompatibility issue with WordPress 4.3. Please install it at your end and check the same. We tested the code shared by the theme author in the latest beta version and it seem to be working fine. Let us know.”

Thank you for all of your help with both this issue and the previous problem!

Jegbagus
    August 31, 2015 at 2:26 am #14039

You are welcome thedaviseffect 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.