Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Various Features Don't Work with JetPack Activated

JamesPrismall
    November 26, 2017 at 8:10 pm #26018

I’ve noticed some features simply stop working with JetPack activated. I use VaultPress so I can’t do away with JetPack unfortunately. Features that I’ve found that stop working:

– Social Media Icons Widget
    – Social Counter Widget

Adek
    November 27, 2017 at 5:15 pm #26062

Hi JamesPrismall,

Can you tell me more detail about your problem with Social Media Icons and Social Counter widget as you mention on above?

Thank you

JamesPrismall
    November 29, 2017 at 3:51 am #26167

Hi, I have answered on comments 🙂

Adek
    November 29, 2017 at 11:07 am #26191

Hi JamesPrismall,

About the Social Media Icons and Social Counter Widget problems, did you get that problem on the frontend or backend? is there any error message that occurs when that problem encountered on your side? Also, it would be better if you can provide us your current system status report so we can replicate it on our side. For more detail about system status please check our documentation about it here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/system-status/

Thank you

JamesPrismall
    November 29, 2017 at 5:29 pm #26220
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    November 30, 2017 at 9:53 am #26256

Hi JamesPrismall,

Please try to update your theme to the latest version of JNews (v1.1.4). We just release it a few days ago.

Also, did you try to disable JetPack and VaultPress plugin just for a while then try to set up again the Social Media Icons and Social Counter Widget (please try to setup it on the Widget dashboard page)?

Just want to make sure if those problem causing when JetPack and VaultPress plugin activated.

Thank you

JamesPrismall
    December 2, 2017 at 1:30 am #26337

Hey can please delete this thread my above post was not a Private reply, so everyone can now see those details.

Adek
    December 4, 2017 at 9:18 am #26362

Hi JamesPrismall,

I’ve been making it as a Private reply.

Can you please try to edit this file jnews/class/Widget/AdditionalWidget.php and find this code below:

Then replace with this one below:

Let me know if it’s work or not.

Thank you

JamesPrismall
    December 4, 2017 at 6:48 pm #26384

I think this has fixed the issue 🙂 Thank you so much! Will this be included in next update?

Also, I was wondering if it’s possible to be able to choose an individual sidebar per author? It would be great for using the social counter for each author 🙂

Adek
    December 5, 2017 at 8:54 am #26402

Hi JamesPrismall,

Yes sure, that code will include on next theme update.

About having a different sidebar on each author page, unfortunately at this moment, we don’t have that kind of problem. But i think you can achieve that with using Visibility widget option from JetPack. First, you need to create a new specify widget area for the author page. Then you can add multiple social counter widget items into the new widget area for the author and you can set the Visibility widget option on each social counter widget item to match with certain author page.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.