Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Trying to view blog post brings up login page.

Joey_ATTAIN
    August 1, 2016 at 3:36 pm #21466

When trying to view an archive date for blog posts E.g: /2016/07/ the site is redirected to a login page with “You need to login using an account with the “Employer” role”. We do not use the two user roles “employer” and “applicant” in our website so we are not interested in using features for these user roles. However we want anybody to be able to view blog post archives. This login form is also brought up when searching for blog posts using a search bar.

How can we bypass these user restrictions and allow anyone to view blog post archives?

I hope someone can give me a quick reply as we are in a bit of a rush to get this working.

Thank you

Jegbagus
    August 2, 2016 at 1:56 am #21477

hi Joey_ATTAIN, we don’t have that kind of issues on our end. i think there is problem on your permalink. try to check if there is permalink that have same name.

take a look at our demo : http://jobplanet.jegtheme.com/2016/01/08/

Thank you

Joey_ATTAIN
    August 2, 2016 at 9:22 am #21481

Hi, Thank you for your quick reply.

There doesn’t seem to be any permalinks with the same name as /2016/07/ which is one used the archive urls. I have tried switching the permalink types to every type they can be and I am still getting the same result.

Is there any way to disable the two user roles within job planet completely? Or could you possible give me a step by step solution of what you would think could work?

We want to roll this out to several other sites but unless we can find a solution to this issue we can’t purchase more licenses from you.

King Regards,
    Joey

Jegbagus
    August 3, 2016 at 1:59 am #21491

hi joey, someone ask about your question too, take a look right here : http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/topic/can-i-remove-employer-registration/

the only reason you have issues with your permalink is because you may have same permalink that causing issues. try to check all word in your permalink setting. also check the page if they have same permalink url.
    go to jobplanet admin > required page & jobplanet admin > URL end point. you need to take a look of this permalink.

Thank you

Joey_ATTAIN
    August 3, 2016 at 4:14 pm #21505

Thank you. I seem to have another issue with the RSS feeds for the posts. Going to /feeds/ currently shows the jobs from the theme. But I need to get access to the blog posts RSS and cannot find where they can pull through. Is there a separate RSS feed I can get for the blog posts. I need RSS feeds for jobs and posts.

Thank you, Joey.

Jegbagus
    August 5, 2016 at 2:00 am #21518

hi Joey_ATTAIN, we already have ress feed for post. if you need to have rss for both job & post, you can take a look at this page : http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-add-custom-post-types-to-your-main-wordpress-rss-feed/

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.