Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Trying to update theme – getting a fail

vickylyashenko
    August 18, 2015 at 1:09 pm #13725

Hi, i’m trying to update the theme and I’m getting a fail. What am I doing wrong? What’s the proper way to install an update? It says the file already exists. I looked at the documentation for the theme and it wasn’t much help 🙁

Thanks!

Rai
    August 19, 2015 at 2:39 am #13741

Hi vickylyashenko,

There is two method to update theme that you can choose, please follow the guidance here: http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/falive-themes-plugins-update/

Let me know if you still have problem.

Thank you

Fordracingchick
    August 19, 2015 at 3:35 am #13756

So I am also having the same issue. Constant fail every time I try to install theme. This is what I see on my screen.

Unpacking the package…
    Installing the theme…
    Destination folder already exist./homepages/12/d587887997/htdocs/clickandbuilds/mywebsie/wp-content/themes/falive-themes/
    Theme install failed.

I did EXACTLY what the support recommended so please tell me how to install this update.

Rai
    August 19, 2015 at 3:42 am #13758

If you using manual update, please be sure to remove the old version before you upload new one.
    We also have updated the theme’s plugins, so be sure to remove the old JPlugin and Falive Plugin as well after you activating new theme version.

Thank you

Fordracingchick
    August 19, 2015 at 4:26 am #13761

So if I do that, Im guessing none of my settings will carry over.

Jegbagus
    August 19, 2015 at 7:29 am #13772

hi everyone, you don’t need to worry about any setting or content lost. everything will still wherever it should be. nothing will lost.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.