Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Top & Bottom Section Margin

urdaniz
    July 30, 2014 at 11:52 am #2327

Hi,
    I need to configure top section margin and bottom section margin more than 5x. Exactly 6x and 7x.
    I found the files where they are programmed and I made some tests with the original theme (father theme) with success.

Now I need to configure it on Child theme. How can I do this?

Thank you

Rai
    July 31, 2014 at 11:14 am #2359

Hi @urdaniz,

You need to place all modified files into child directory with the same structure file like the parent. For example you update file theme-parent/lib/theme-functionality.php then your child theme file must be placed at: theme-child/lib/theme-functionality.php

Please let me know if you had further support questions.

Thank you

urdaniz
    August 1, 2014 at 4:50 pm #2412

Hi Rai,
    I made the following changes without the results I want (Showing 6x and 7x in top section margin and bottom section margin):
    – Active Child theme (1.0.0.)
    – Modify CSS in Theme-Editor. Save it.
    – Modify two files: element.php and landingpagebuilder.php
    – By FTP, create directories in child theme with the same structure as the father theme and copy the files inside.

Refresh server. Close WP-admin. Refresh Web browser (safari). Open WP-admin.

No results. Only appears up to 5x.
    What do I do wrong? Any other files must be modified and copied in the child theme?

Thanks in advance.

Rai
    August 2, 2014 at 2:15 am #2422

Hi @urdaniz,

If you already use child theme, please do all customization on your child theme files. It better you modified the files on local then upload via FTP when you finish to make sure your files was modified in the right location. It should works if you modified on right file and right customization.

Can you give us access to your backend / FTP so we can check it further. Please send the credentials via Themeforest profile page.

Thank you

Jegbagus
    August 5, 2014 at 12:22 pm #2532

hi @urdaniz,

you actually don’t really need to change the code actually.
    you can simply doing some hack like this :

1. adding spacing above & bottom your content. you can use jkreativ spacing if you are using visual composer.

2. overwrite size of current margin available. example :

and than you can put it on jkreativ dashboard > additional style. this code will still exist when you updating themes.

Thank you

urdaniz
    August 5, 2014 at 4:34 pm #2567

It’s true. I forgot this function.

Thanks

Jegbagus
    August 5, 2014 at 10:12 pm #2580

glad you able to resolve the problem @urdaniz

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.