Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Several Items not working in Safari

jleger
    June 5, 2016 at 6:26 pm #20563

Hello,

the welcome video at the top of the page, the client testimonials carousel on the home page (towards the bottom), and several other items do not work in Safari. Your theme advertises that it is compatible with Safari. Can you please help me fix these?

Thanks.

Adek
    June 6, 2016 at 2:09 am #20577

Hi jleger,

Can you help me to provide me your site url so i can check it directly on my side here.

Thank you

jleger
    June 6, 2016 at 3:27 am #20578
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    June 6, 2016 at 3:45 am #20580

Hi jleger,

I’ve been check your site previously and it’s just works fine on my side. You can see the attached image url below :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4vh6urvcn46u8n/Screenshot%202016-06-06%2011.42.56.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hlfb0cuh8yb4jkd/Screenshot%202016-06-06%2011.43.10.png?dl=0

Thank you

jleger
    June 6, 2016 at 4:59 pm #20588

Adek, that’s not how the top loads. It doesn’t autoplay. I too can play it manually from anywhere other than the actual intro screen meaning that I have to scroll down click anywhere (because the whole thing becomes a hot link) and then the video plays.

For the quote carousel, i’m unable to click on squares and navigate to the individual items. Your screen shot captures the issue. Click on the second items, bet you can’t.

Instead of screen shots, can you please capture a screen recording of it working?

jleger
    June 6, 2016 at 5:02 pm #20589

Here’s my recording of the issues. You will see that the video doesn’t even load the first few times and when it finally loads I have to scroll down and click and then it plays. https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5b3hsxxkse9afs/JKreative%20-%20IP%20Site%20-%20Safari.mov?dl=0

Adek
    June 7, 2016 at 5:21 am #20605

Hi jleger,

Thanks for your detail info.

If previously you mean the autoplay landing video, actually on safari browser we don’t provide autoplay feature because to make the video playing, it will need to human interaction something like click certain section of your site to make the video playing.

Yeah i notice those issue on quote section. Anyway may i know what the current version of your Jkreativ theme that you use in there? also please try to use parent theme for a while because i notice you’re using child theme at the moment.

Thank you

jleger
    June 7, 2016 at 4:38 pm #20611

Adek, why is the area not the play button or within that section and it needs to be an area below where the content is? That doesn’t make any sense.

I’m using the latest update that you guys sent about a week ago. And I need the child given css changes that I made.

Adek
    June 8, 2016 at 1:55 am #20621

Hi jleger,

Can you help me to provide login credentials into your wp admin panel so i can check it directly what actually happen in there. You can send it here and check the Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

jleger
    June 8, 2016 at 2:53 am #20623
    This reply has been marked as private.
    jleger
    June 8, 2016 at 2:54 am #20624

The site is also behaving oddly on ipad with a lot of the same issues.

jleger
    June 8, 2016 at 3:05 am #20625

Also, how can I edit the CSS so that the background color of the selected page/link does not include other anchor links that are on that page. To see an example of what I mean look at the Mobile Navigation and you will see that Home, About, Our Clients, and Contact all include the same styling when you are on the home page because About, Our Clients, and Contact Us are all anchor links within the home page.

PS If you want to continue testing on Safari, please turn off the plugin called “Advanced Browser Check” and please turn it back on when you are done.

Thanks.

Adek
    June 9, 2016 at 5:06 am #20637

Hi jleger,

I’ve been add several css code on your site, and now it works fine on my side. Please check it out.

About the background colour of the selected page, it will depend on your css selectors. So you just want to change the background colour of Home mobile menu item when your visitor visiting the homepage, right? I just want to make sure on this thing.

Thank you

jleger
    June 9, 2016 at 5:01 pm #20643

Adek, what exactly works fine on your side? Send a video…

Safari still breaks on my end, ipad and mobile don’t behave the same, so I’m still experiencing the same issues.

What exactly do you think you changed?

And for the selectors, that’s correct. When the user is home it should be the background color. But when they click on about or contact which is the same as scrolling down on the page it should not be home any longer but the actual sections.

Adek
    June 10, 2016 at 2:19 am #20650

Hi jleger,

You can check the attached video url below and about the changed, you can go to Jkreativ Dashboard > Additional Style and you will find css code that i added before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pva6g2jnblhahkb/safari.mov?dl=0

Unfortunately we don’t have those kind of feature at the moment, you will need to do some change on our theme to achieve that.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.