Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Setup Plugins

lvlessi
    October 7, 2018 at 5:52 pm #37901

Hey There. ! Can you please guide me about following plugins’ setup and few problems ?

i) OneSignal – Free Web Push Notifications & JNews – Push Notification

I’ve installed both these plugins and visited my own website but i didn’t see the push notifications thing at it. is there additional configuration required for these 2 plugins to get worked ?

ii) JNEWS Social Counter Widget

I installed this and configured.. only 2 are showing on home page at this widget.. please take a look at pic below..

http://www.upl.co/uploads/201810071433511538904897.png

yeah few of mine socials have ZERO followers BUT my twitter have few ones. you can see that here >> twitter.com/techacrobat << but it’s not showing there can you please guide me how can i fix this issue ?

iii ) this is about installing a plugin.. i have seen on your website’s features of theme, there was a section on website of
    subscribing newsletter to mailchimp, but i didn’t see that in the plugins list of JNEWS. Do i have to install/configure this from wordpress plugin’s directory ? if so, then kindly share a link or setting it up with my theme please !

iv ) i made contactus page on that sharing plugin is showing. i dont want that on my contactus page. take a look at pic below. how can i remove this on page ?

http://www.upl.co/uploads/201810071450321538905860.png

Ferdy
    October 8, 2018 at 5:40 pm #37942

Hi lvlessi,

1. Yes, you need to install both of Desktop Push Notification plugin.

2. Can you please provide me URL of your website?

3. Yes, you need to install from WordPress plugins directory, this is mailchimp for WordPress.
    you can add this on Plugin > Add new, search “mailchimp for WordPress”, install and then activate.
    look at this link for the step.

4. Can you please provide me URL of your website?

Thank you

lvlessi
    October 8, 2018 at 11:44 pm #37964

I already have installed both Push Notifications plugins but did not see effect on website..

here is the URL

https://www.techacrobat.com

Ferdy
    October 9, 2018 at 3:29 pm #38004

Hi lvlessi,

I found this error on your website, please check this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/nnv8woa58c8p5rn/Screenshot%20from%202018-10-09%2015-08-29.png?dl=0.

For Social Counter Widget and Push notification plugin Please, make sure you have input the data correctly.

For the Share section, please try to use this CSS code below

Thank you

lvlessi
    October 9, 2018 at 6:58 pm #38022

I have put this CSS code in child theme’s style.css file still only 2 social buttons are showing there !

and how can i fix the error you showed ? i did’nt see ‘options’ on onesignal’s plugin for data to put. can you please help me to fix this and show this correctly ?

https://jnews.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/engagement.png

this is the push notification right ? not able to set it right.. both this and social one

lvlessi
    October 10, 2018 at 3:15 am #38031

hey there ! i did the configuration of onesignal plugin by putting app id and key.. but when i load my website i did not see the bell icon and slide popup even after enabling both of them. can you tell me how these 2 things will show up ? is there anything i m missing like widgets etc for bell and slide popup ?

also guide me on social counter plugin i used the css code you gave me i inserted in child theme still twitter social not showing up

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  lvlessi.
    Ferdy
    October 10, 2018 at 11:50 am #38054

Hi lvlessi,

I’ve been checking your website previously and i found this error https://www.dropbox.com/s/nd9mkv6i4rvfbcz/Screenshot%20from%202018-10-10%2011-39-51.png?dl=0. according to the error, you need to use SSL on your website.

For the CSS code, it according to contact us page that showing sharing plugin.

For the social counter plugin, Can you please provide us with login access to your website? You can send it here and don’t forget to check Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

lvlessi
    October 10, 2018 at 4:00 pm #38068
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ferdy
    October 11, 2018 at 10:52 am #38086

Hi lvlessi,

Regarding this issue, Can I try to disable all plugins except required plugin that related to JNews just for a while to check if there’s a plugin conflict issue?

Thank you

lvlessi
    October 12, 2018 at 2:40 am #38122
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ferdy
    October 12, 2018 at 2:36 pm #38159

Hi lvlessi,

I’ve been checking your website, if you want to show the bell button from OneSignal Push Notification plugin please disable JNews – Push Notification plugin.
    For the mobile issue, I’ve been fixing this issue.
    For Social Counter Widget issue I notice the account setting still empty, please check this screenshot.

Thank you

lvlessi
    October 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm #38177

Thankyou bell is showing there. i enabled 1st both the plugins because of the instructions given to enable both plugins.

i want to ask you something that you have provided YellowPencil plugin to change styling. the thing i want to confirm is that after changing styling by this plugin does this also change that setting in all screen sizes ? like if i change the width/height of a container in browser then if i open website on mobile or tablet then that setting will automatically adjusted or things will be messed up ?

Ferdy
    October 15, 2018 at 10:35 am #38210

Hi lvlessi,

Yes, it will be applied to all screen size. if you styling only in one screen size it will be applied to all screen size not automatically adjusted to the other screen size. in this case, you need to use a responsive tool to styling specific screen size. Please see this video for an example.

Thank you

lvlessi
    October 16, 2018 at 3:12 am #38245

thankyou sir

Ferdy
    October 16, 2018 at 10:21 am #38255

Your welcome lvlessi, let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.