Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Privacy & Cookie Policy links on Footer

graphicprint
    March 1, 2018 at 3:58 am #29102

Hi,
    I’ve tried to put a link in the Footer (for Privacy & Cookie Policy pages) on every page but it seems possibile just on the Home Page.

I’ve read the previous post, and tried this:

Blog post order in Masonry

But it doesn’t work.

It sounds strange to me that a legal feature very important like that, it is not available. Because at least across Europe our privacy law requires that a link to privacy policy should be visibile on every page, and it is commonly visibile in the footer.

I wish this feature could be available soon (maybe in next Jkreative versions) or if you can please provide me another solution, hoping it works.

Thank you for your support.

Adek
    March 2, 2018 at 9:29 am #29171

Hi graphicprint24,

Thanks for your feedback. For footer element, it won’t show for certain page template for design reason. In this case, can you provide me the Privacy & Cookie Policy code that you use in there? I will try to provide you a custom code for that.

Thank you

graphicprint
    March 3, 2018 at 2:47 am #29217
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    March 7, 2018 at 10:24 am #29332

Hi graphicprint24,

Regarding this thing, did you try to implement the change on this thread http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/topic/blog-post-order-in-masonry/page/2/#post-12401? Just want to make sure because it’s related to your need above.

Thank you

graphicprint
    March 10, 2018 at 12:10 am #29431

Hi Adek,
    Thank you for your reply. I tried that code once, and it did not work, but maybe I put it in the wrong place. Can you please tell me where exactly can I put that code? I read in your message: in “blog page template” and “page template” (at the bottom) but I would be grateful if you could tell me the full path, I mean the folder and file name of those template, so I can try again, hoping to solve the problem and of course I will let you know here.

Thank you very much in advance!

Adek
    March 19, 2018 at 11:20 am #29694

Hi graphicprint24,

Please try to use this code below instead and put it on the functions.php file:

Thank you

graphicprint
    March 25, 2018 at 7:47 pm #29906

Hi Adek,
    I tried to put the code you provided me in the functions.php file of the JKreative theme, but it did not work.

Regarding the previous solution that you posted here: http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/topic/blog-post-order-in-masonry/page/2/#post-12401 I would like to try it again, but, as I wrote to you, I need to know where exactly I have to put the code (name of the file) and then I will tell you if it works or not.

Thank you very much for your support.

Adek
    March 28, 2018 at 1:43 pm #30021

Hi graphicprint24,

You can try to edit the following files below:
    1. jkreativ-themes/template/additional/masonry-layout.php
    2. jkreativ-themes/template/blogpost/single-extra-layout.php
    3. jkreativ-themes/template/template-blog-clean.php
    4. jkreativ-themes/template/template-blog-masonry.php
    5. jkreativ-themes/template/template-blog-wide.php
    6. jkreativ-themes/template/template-blog.php
    7. jkreativ-themes/template/template-contact-full-map.php
    8. jkreativ-themes/template/template-fssingle-video.php
    9. jkreativ-themes/template/template-fsslider-iosslider.php
    10. jkreativ-themes/template/template-fsslider-kenburn.php
    11. jkreativ-themes/template/template-fsslider-media.php
    12. jkreativ-themes/template/template-fsslider-serviceslider.php
    13. jkreativ-themes/template/template-media-gallery-content.php
    14. jkreativ-themes/template/template-media-gallery.php
    15. jkreativ-themes/template/template-nowrap.php
    16. jkreativ-themes/template/template-page-cover.php
    17. jkreativ-themes/template/template-page-normal.php
    18. jkreativ-themes/template/template-page-wide.php
    19. jkreativ-themes/template/template-portfolio.php

Thank you

graphicprint
    May 14, 2018 at 11:43 pm #32029

Hi Adek,
    I did as you suggested here. The footer now is visible on all pages. Just one detail: it is only visible inside the backend of WordPress.

On the frontend, it is invisible. I don’t know why this has happened… I used the code your recommended me (which I suppose you tested before writing here).

New European Privacy law called GDPR will enter into force on 25th May and we would like to be compliant because Privacy Policy is not accessible from every page yet. Please let me know what else I can do, or if you suggest to change the theme, we’ll do it before the 6 months support ends.

Thank you

Adek
    May 15, 2018 at 10:52 am #32068

Hi graphicprint24,

Can you tell me how i can replicate your issue on my side? So i can easily to help you on my side.

For privacy policy, you may need to use a plugin to add a link or banner on the footer.

Thank you

graphicprint
    May 17, 2018 at 4:12 am #32181

Hi Adek,
    I think I described to you the issue: the footer (widget Jkreativ) currently is visible just in the home page of our website and you confirmed me that it is not available in other pages such as “Portfolio”, etc.. for “design reasons“.

I think you can test this on your side, by simply installing a copy of your template JKreativ and trying to replicate the solution you written to me (the code you provide to me), trying to add it in the pages that you written to me and see if it is available in every page.

I did not ask for a solution for a personal problem or a technical problem about my website that you can’t replicate. I just asked for a feature to know if it is available or not, but please test it before you gave me the solution.

I repeat you that this code works only if I visit my website while I’m logged in my WordPress Admin Panel. Otherwise it doesn’t work.

Or if you can recommend me a plug-in that you tested that can do the same, please let me know. I tried some plug-ins but they caused me incompatibility issues.

If you need our FTP or Admin Panel WordPress let me know.

Best regards

graphicprint
    May 18, 2018 at 12:24 am #32236

Hi Adek,

Problem solved: it was a conflict with a plug-in of caching. Now the footer is visible both in back-end side and front-end side (using the same code you provided me).

Thanks

best regards

Adek
    May 22, 2018 at 10:23 am #32354

Glad to hear that graphicprint,

Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.