Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Multi Language Issues

cihat74
    May 12, 2017 at 7:16 am #23821

Hi,

I recently installed polylang to make my site gapajans.com multi language. I was thinking to write the problems I have here.

Of course I will try my best to accomplish all the problems I find.

The first is the copyright text in options panel.

cihat74
    May 12, 2017 at 7:42 am #23822

In fact I’m gonna need the text in right click behaviour as well. I tried by opening the options panel in different languages but that didn’t work.

cihat74
    May 12, 2017 at 8:06 am #23823

UPS! Sorry to disturb. I found it in the string translation under the settings of polylang.

cihat74
    May 12, 2017 at 9:28 am #23824

I’m now struggling with logo. I need to display a different logo for English. I couldn’t see the string in string translation. I tried to do something according to this tutorial to no avail. It didn’t work.

A multilingual custom header image

Adek
    May 13, 2017 at 2:42 am #23825

Hi cihat74,

Can you provide your wpml-config.xml here, i will need to check it out.

Thank you

cihat74
    May 13, 2017 at 8:55 am #23828

Hi Adek,

Actually it’s the jkreativ’s native wpml-config.xml.

But there are other major problems about creating multi-lingual site with jkreativ. You might have already tried on your side or it may be because of the pugins or misconfigurations on my side. But I’m having difficulties.

* Polylang doesn’t suit with portfolio. It turned the portfolio page blank. I mean portfolio items gives 404 errors when published. When draft no error but obviously it needs to be published to be seen on the front-end. WPML? No, problem.
    * With both plugins the customisable texts in metaboxes can’t be changed. I saw this in full screen slider in landing slider and also in portfolio page category filter text.

Adek
    May 15, 2017 at 1:59 am #23832

Hi cihat74,

Seems will need do some changes in there to make they works fine. About portfolio, please try to re-save your permalink structure.

Can you help me to provide login credentials into your wp admin panel, i will check it directly. You can send it here and check the Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.