Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

missing post types

powherhouse
    December 20, 2015 at 12:20 am #17033

so… is there a checkbox or something where i need to turn ON the custom post types?
    i do not have a Team Member post type nor a pricing post type

Adek
    December 21, 2015 at 6:02 am #17055

Hi powherhouse,

In this case, you will need to enable Enable Legacy Section Builder option. You can find this option on the Jkreativ Dashboard > General Setting.

Thank you

powherhouse
    December 21, 2015 at 11:35 am #17064

so…. we can’t use visual composer AND use those post types? Is that correct?
    i’ve enabled legacy section builder… the post types have appeared

but i can’t seem to insert “team wrapper” with visual composer… all it does is insert a blank row, with regular row settings… and i can’t get a “team item” element no matter what i do, what am i doing wrong?

this seems a little challenging – we bought visual composer because it seemed that the legacy section builder was the “old” way… but now it seems that the theme is maybe only partly converted over?

i’m confused and challenged and frustrated. We bought this theme because it’s so robust and flexible but it sure is proving hard to configure! would i have more luck with shortcodes, maybe? and using the text editor instead??

Adek
    December 22, 2015 at 3:50 am #17077

Hi powherhouse,

Don’t need to worry about that. You can use Visual Composer and Legacy Section Shortcode (Team Member) together.

1. Actually, we have been provide Team Member on Visual Composer, for more detail you can visit our documentation right here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/visual-composer/ and jump into section JKreativ – Team Member.

2. If you want to use Team Member post type with Visual Composer, you will need to add Text Block at first and you will find Jkreativ General Shortcode button on the Toolbar. You can use Jkreativ General Shortcode and for mored detail you can visit our documentation right here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/general-shortcode/ and jump into section Team.

Let us know if you have further question.

Thank you

powherhouse
    January 5, 2016 at 12:58 pm #17349

i cannot pull the team members into team member blocks in VC…
    i set up 3 team members to test… in the post types…
    and then had to completely repeat them in individual blocks…

i must be doing something wrong… that seems completely pointless.

please advise.

Adek
    January 6, 2016 at 4:38 am #17377

Hi powherhouse,

If so, can you help me to provide login credentials into your wp admin panel so i can check it directly what actually happen in there. You can send it here and check the Set as private reply option below.

Thank you

powherhouse
    January 6, 2016 at 6:56 am #17394
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Adek
    January 7, 2016 at 2:06 am #17406

Hi powherhouse,

I’ve been make an example before, you can try to take a look on this page http://stage.powherhouse.com/frontDesk/test-page/

Let us know if you need something in there.

Thank you

powherhouse
    January 7, 2016 at 3:09 am #17409

wow. ok. it would have taken me forever to figure that part out.

it’s all so convoluted! so i don’t need to use the TEAM BLOCK WRAPPER element, then???

thanks for the help.

Adek
    January 7, 2016 at 4:02 am #17413

Hi powherhouse,

You don’t need to use them.

2. If you want to use Team Member post type with Visual Composer, you will need to add Text Block at first and you will find Jkreativ General Shortcode button on the Toolbar. You can use Jkreativ General Shortcode and for mored detail you can visit our documentation right here http://support.jegtheme.com/documentation/general-shortcode/ and jump into section Team.

Hopefully it can help you.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.