Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Home Landing Slider arrows not appearing on mobile web version

juandoscuartos
    January 5, 2015 at 7:57 pm #8054

That’s it.

Upon loading the site, the back/forth navigation arrows that appear on desktop version do not appear in the mobile version.
    They only appear if you go to the second image by touching the respective tiny circle at the bottom, and then they remain there.
    But them arrows never show in the first overall site load.

Any clues? Mobile site is beign tested on iPad & iPhone on both Safari and Chrome. Everything updated…

Thanks!

Adek
    January 7, 2015 at 7:54 am #8134

Hi juandoscuartos,

Can you help me to provide the page url that contain those element, so i can check it directly on my side.

Thank you

juandoscuartos
    January 7, 2015 at 9:33 am #8153
    This reply has been marked as private.
    juandoscuartos
    January 7, 2015 at 5:11 pm #8164

Update: been to my local Apple store and tested the site on several shiny-new iPad/iPhones with also brand new iOs.

Same result: Site loads but the navigation arrows at the slider’s edges won’t appear unless you tap any of the tiny circles at the bottom…

juandoscuartos
    January 7, 2015 at 6:09 pm #8166

Second afternoon update: Just updated the theme to 2.6.6 (via the Envato Plugin). Everything reamins the same.
    I mean, all is OK so far except for the issue we are discussing here πŸ˜‰

Adek
    January 9, 2015 at 6:00 am #8220

Hi juandoscuartos,

Actually, on the mobile by default the arrows only show up when the small dot navigation at the bottom touched.

Thank you

juandoscuartos
    January 9, 2015 at 9:57 am #8237

I see.

However, and thinking in the visitor’s side, it can be confusing not knowing whteher to wait for next slide or what to do next since in a handful of similar websites those dots are not neccesarily meant to be touched but as a clue of how many sides the user can expect to go by.

Having said that, I’d pretty much would like those arrows to appear upon loading.

You say it is a default behaviour so, is there any way to override this?

Thanks!

juandoscuartos
    January 9, 2015 at 10:04 am #8239

Adding to what’s stated above, let me explain how my slider behaves:

1.In desktop version, the site loads, loads the first slide and then goes to the second but never goes further to the third, fourth… slide.

in http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/bike/ the slider loops all three images. That’s what I want.

2. In mobile version, as stated above, site loads. Then loads the first slide and never goes beyond that, I mean is like having an static image –unless you tap the dot– (you can tell there is more to see by those dots but that is not much intuitive in my opinion). That is why I think arrows would make for a better user’s experience. Most of my visitors are potential clients that not neccesarily know the principles and mechanics of mobile web navigations…

Please advise,

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Adek
    January 12, 2015 at 9:35 am #8271

Hi juandoscuartos,

1. Did you mean is the slider on this page http://doscuartos.com/nueva/ ? It just work fine on my side.

2. You can try to use this code below :

Thank you

juandoscuartos
    January 12, 2015 at 10:46 am #8276

Hi Dek Ery, here are the outcomes:

1. I’ve been testing this weekend.
    – I’ve noticed it works fine on my wife’s new laptop PC with Windows 8: works fine on both Firefox and Chrome.

– As for Mac (desktop iMac): On Chrome is OK: Slides go by and loop as expected. However, does not work on last updated Firefox (34.0.5). Maybe there is anissue with this one… guess I’ll wait for next FF update to see if it fix or even updating the WordPress itself…
    Would you please be so kind to indicate me what system config do you have on your side? Maybe I can mimic that to isolate the issue if needed…

I’ll keep you posted on this.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

2. As for the mobile version arrows stuff, it now works as I wished. Thanks!
    I already have shown to a few studio colleagues and they were glad to see arrows that indicate that there’s some interaction waiting to be done… Many thanks for the code!

A step a a time! Thanks! πŸ˜‰

Adek
    January 13, 2015 at 6:57 am #8299

Hi juandoscuartos,

1. It’s weird for me. Anyway i try to check the slider with Macbook Air and Firefox (34.0.5) and i get the same result. Just work fine on my side even on chrome as well. May i know what system that you mean?

Thank you

juandoscuartos
    January 14, 2015 at 12:53 am #8334

Basically, I was just wondering which machines are you testing the sites on, just to get an idea and trying to isolate the issue. But I think you have quite answered me: it seems you’re on a MacBook and browsing with Firefox/Chrome if I ain’t wrong, am I?

But all of this is kind of telling me the issue is on my end. Maybe is about the browser or even the MacOs version -I’m on Snow Leopard yet- or maybe is that I have to update my WordPress installation… We’ll see…

Adek
    January 17, 2015 at 8:05 am #8388

Hi juandoscuartos,

Yes of course, i’m tested with Macbook Air (mavericks) and Firefox (34.0.5)

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.