Gallery does only work with a small amount of (large) pictures
Post count: 11JoOctober 16, 2014 at 10:22 pm #5380
Hey there! Great theme, bought it! 🙂
I’m trying to build a gallery website with your theme. I have have uploaded a huge amount of large photos that i’d like to show. But the gallery page doesn’t load if I include more than approx. 15 pictures. Any clue where the problem is?
Here’s the page: http://bilder.21014.de/?page_id=636
Thank you in advance!
JoPost count: 11JoOctober 17, 2014 at 8:47 am #5385
Solved it. The problem was the gallery load animation style “Fade”. Somehow it didn’t load properly.Post count: 11JoOctober 17, 2014 at 9:13 am #5389
Nope sorry, I was wrong. It still does not work. Strangely it worked two times then the problem reappeared. 🙁 The images won’t load …Post count: 11JoOctober 17, 2014 at 10:36 am #5393
It seems that the browser stops loading the page until the entire content has been loaded. There are no body and html closing tags und surely there are some scripts missing. Also only 94 of 143 images have been preloaded but are invisible because of the class “notloaded”
… what the heck?Post count: 11JoOctober 17, 2014 at 3:38 pm #5398
Hello Dek, could you help me on this? I’m nearly done with the site but the main feature, the gallery doesn’t work.
ThanksPost count: 10848AdekOctober 18, 2014 at 6:31 am #5411
May i know your theme version and jkreativ plugin as well? also try to reduce the amount of Partial load image count option.
Thank youPost count: 11JoOctober 18, 2014 at 7:53 am #5420
Theme Version is 2.2.3 and jkreativ Plugin Version is 1.2.1.
Reducing the amount of partial loading images below 18 images does work. You can see here http://bilder.21014.de/mittagessen/
But a) reloading the rest of the images takes approx. 20 seconds for 4 pictures b) and strangely not all pictures get loaded.
I have over 750 Pictures to show and don’t want to the people to wait for hours. Why should there be a ‘preloader’ if preloading of a big amount of images doesn’t work?
ThanksPost count: 10848AdekOctober 20, 2014 at 8:52 am #5442
Actually our themes is already using lazy load feature, so when image loaded it will be loaded when you see it. Also in there you have a big amount of images and large file size too, i think its normally. So it will be take some time to load your image and to show up it properly. Try to optimize file size of your image to reduce time when load your image and maybe you can try to set 15 images on Partial load image count option.
Thank youPost count: 11JoOctober 20, 2014 at 10:36 am #5449
A website should be able to load a couple MBs of small 50 KB images without a problem instead of showing nothing! It simply stops loading the whole content after 15 seconds … thats not a feature, it’s a bug.
Wasted 58$ and a lot of time on this … great!Post count: 10848AdekOctober 21, 2014 at 9:05 am #5505
Previously your images on the gallery page is show up, and then it’s showing nothing as you said. And now it’s just work fine on my side. May i know what was going on?
Thank youPost count: 11JoOctober 21, 2014 at 9:46 am #5509
yes sure. I wanted to inform you anyhow.
What I did:
1. I booked a more powerful server from my provider
2. I compressed and resized all images to a smaller file size and dimension
3. I found out that the images get automatically resized on server side to the size set under “Gallery item width”. But the resizing does only occur, if you call up the webpage. On the first call-up the script processes approximately 20 images, then it stops. If you refresh the page the next 20 images get resized and so on. You can see the images appear step by step via the Webinspector of the browser. So you have to reload the page over and over again until all images have been processed and resized to the needed size. After doing so the website loads fine. As soon as you set a new gallery item width you have go through this process again until all images get loaded.
Because I had really big base images at first, with approx. 4000 x 3000 px this process took ages. I just thought the theme or script doesn’t work properly. Also I’ve constantly tried different sizes via “Gallery item width” so the resizing process restarted over and over again and the page didn’t load.
I’m sorry if I’ve been a bit harsh but I had no clue what was going on because there was no information within the documentation and I’ve wasted so much time on this.
Now it’s ok. But still there are a couple of bugs and points of improvement I’ve found:
1. The masonry layout doesn’t work under iOS safari. The images overlay each other. I’ve had to switch to normal layout.
2. Within the mobile Navigation there is a text at the bottom, “Social Link” or so. Had to remove it hard coded.
3. It would be great if you can click “remove all images” within the media builder. If you have hundreds of images it’s a bit annoying if you have to hit “remove” on every single image.
I’ve found a couple more things but don’t remember them by now. If I remember them again, I’ll post them here.
Regards JoPost count: 10848AdekOctober 21, 2014 at 10:24 am #5511
Thanks for your information, it will help our customer that have the same problem.
1. It would be better if you provide me the page url, so i can check it directly.
2. It seems you want be able to remove that ‘Social Link’ button on the mobile navigation.
3. May i know which media builder that you referring too? Can you guide me to right direction so i can easily to help you.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.