Close

Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Failure to add media in the "Frontend Sumbit" plugin

• mekici
    November 3, 2018 at 5:04 am #38988

1- Although the option to add media in the “Frontend Sumbit” plug-in is open, members cannot add prominent images to their article articles.
    The user role in the “Social Login” plugin is set to “Contribotur”. WordPress is also the same as the default new user role. However, no user can add media files in the “Frontend Sumbit” plug-in. How can I solve this problem?

2- Adding a profile image of new members is also not allowed

Ferdy
    November 5, 2018 at 12:13 pm #39021

Hi mekici,

On our theme, we have permission setting that user with role below author role is not given permission to upload file or image. So, if the user wants to have access to upload a file or image the user needs to request a role update to the admin. because if all of the users have the same permission, it will cause an undesirable thing.

Let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

shopcottage
    November 14, 2018 at 3:13 am #39307

hello. I recently purchased this theme and one of my main reasons for purchasing it was to let authors/contributors add posts with pictures. I didn’t see anything in the documentation regarding this limitation. This basically makes the theme useless for me. It is disappointing. Is there anything else I can do to be able to add pictures other than give the users admin access?

shopcottage
    November 14, 2018 at 3:53 am #39308

If the only way to do this is to use a 3rd party plugin, is there a way to disable “SUBMIT POST” button in the ACCOUNT‌page. In other words use the user/login/register functionality but the SUBMIT‌ POST functionality to use a separate plugin? or will have to disable frontend post completely to use another plugin?

Any recommendation (by anyone) for a good 3rd party plugin to submit posts that works with Jnews theme? I‌ have tried a few of the popular ones to no avail.

Adek
    November 14, 2018 at 11:05 am #39324

Hi shopcottage,

Regarding upload image issue, actually, this is default rule from WordPress. For the user that have contributor role, they won’t be able to upload an image. In this case, to able upload, an image need author role at least. You just need to change the user role with author or editor role and you don’t need to give administrator role. For detail information about WordPress user role, you can check this article https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities

If you willing to use another plugin for frontend submit post and want to disable the built-in feature from JNews, you just need to deactivate JNews Frontend Submit plugin. But i think you just need to change the user role so you don’t need to find another plugin.

About 3rd party plugin, i don’t have a good recommendation yet and also by using another plugin, it may need to doing some changes to make JNews compatible with the plugin.

Let me know if you have further question.

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.