Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

employer uploading images

huwcole
    July 16, 2016 at 12:58 pm #21283

hi guys

trying to upload images such as company logo and gallery images.

in both cases it comes up with the error:
    error image size should be no more than 300 x 200 pixel
    error image size should be no more than 0 x 0 pixel

what i established is that it does not like .gif images. .jpg and .png are fine.
    no issue with that but then the error message is wrong and should tell the user that .gif format is not allowed.

where do you set image restrictions???

thanks

huwcole
    July 16, 2016 at 11:43 pm #21285

did a bit of debugging with a .gif file and it errors in

wp-content\plugins\jobplanet-plugin\assets\js\juploader.js

function:

it falls over in:

but no idea why…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  huwcole.
    Jegbagus
    July 18, 2016 at 2:14 am #21293

hi huwcole, gif format is actually allowed. but i don’t know what is the issues. it may issues on plupload (upload plugin we use). probably the script having issues getting image size of gif image format.

huwcole
    July 19, 2016 at 8:32 pm #21317

ok what is your solution. fact is it does not work for .gif files. have you tested it yourself?

Jegbagus
    July 20, 2016 at 1:13 am #21324

hi huwcole, yes we have try it, we still not very sure what is the problem. because it just throw error right away without any additional information. we suspect plupload unable to get image size of gif image format. if you remove “max_dimension” it going to fix the issues, but it will give your website bigger issues, people can upload image weird size of image, like 1x2000px image. we will still recommend you to use this filter.

i think png can substitute usage of png format. it will also have transparent effect like gif image.

Thank you

huwcole
    July 20, 2016 at 4:54 pm #21339

how and where can i disable certain file extensions?

Jegbagus
    July 21, 2016 at 1:51 am #21341

hi huwcole im not very sure how to disable it. i try to google it but haven’t find anything.
    and im sure the issues is plupload unable to determine size of image. its also always get wrong file to determine

btw i see that on most bottom of page, we not provide size of image uploaded file, i think you can use this code, change the code on line 129 :

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.