Account

Documentation

Forum

Menu

Dummy Content Issue

Keshav Saini
    October 9, 2014 at 9:28 am #5099

Hi,

The one click dummy content install doesn’t import all the pages. e.g On theme demo, there are 13 homepages and what I have in dummy import is only 8 pages. Wedding, Photography and some other homepages are missing.

Can you update the dummy content on your server or provide us the latest export so that we can replicate the demo website and see pages?

Bug: On photography homepage http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/photography/, title and description are not displaying for smaller thumbnails. They appear only on bigger thumbnails. Can you please fix this issue? We want to use this template for our portfolio section.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Keshav Saini.
    Adek
    October 10, 2014 at 9:52 am #5122

Hi Keshav Saini,

May i know your theme version and jkreativ plugin as well? Also when you importing the dummy content please make sure disable all plugins except the required plugin.

Thank you

Keshav Saini
    October 10, 2014 at 11:47 am #5141

I have Jkreativ plugin 1.2.1 and theme version 2.2.3 installed

I have installed only the required plugins except woocommerce. On both local server as well as production server, the dummy content does not import all the pages. Both installations have 59 pages imported which are missing the above mentioned pages. You can check the server install at http://qa.thewanted.in/

The menu is also bit different than the one in the demo.

Another problem with the theme is very slow admin section. I have read other users also complaining about the similar issue in comments section of the themeforest page. Admin section loads very slow when I activate jkreativ theme.

Please also fix the bug I reported in my earlier post in photography homepage.

Adek
    October 11, 2014 at 4:32 am #5174

Hi Keshav Saini,

1. As i have said above, when you are importing the dummy content please disable all plugin except the required plugin for these theme. Because some demo content is using for shop (WooCommerce). Also may i know which part of menu that you referring to?

2. Actually, on small thumbnail the title and description are not displaying for some reason. So it’s not a bug.

Thank you

Keshav Saini
    October 11, 2014 at 7:24 am #5190

1. Did that but still the importer is not importing all homepages. By menu I am referring to mega main menu. The menu on your demo is multicolumn but the one imported by the theme is not multicolumn. I have enabled mega menu in the settings.

2. If it’s not a bug then how do I show them? I can’t have a few images showing meta data and others not. It would be a design flaw.

Adek
    October 11, 2014 at 7:48 am #5191

Hi Keshav,

1. You need to make several change to achieve that. Please read our documentation about mega main menu right here : http://jkreativ.jegtheme.com/documentation/#plugin-megamenu

2. We don’t show them because for some reason, and also for small thumbnail the title and description is to large to show up on small size area. Try to use large size on thumbnail.

Thank you

Keshav Saini
    October 11, 2014 at 8:38 am #5195

1. My first question is still not answered. I am not able to import all the pages in the demo. Have tried everything but it import the same 59 pages no matter what I do? I am missing a few homepages in the import. Also, I feel it little difficult to understand the backend layout without images as it becomes confusing sometimes. Can you share the export file with images so that I replicate the entire demo. It would just be for understanding the layouts and shortcodes used. I am only going to install it on my local server.

2. About your argument regarding not showing title and description on small thumbnails, width and height shouldn’t be a problem. Currently you are using fixed font size so that will obviously create problem. Use % based font size so that when the width of container decreases, the font size should also decrease. That’s not an excuse for hiding meta data!

Adek
    October 13, 2014 at 1:01 am #5218

Hi Keshav Saini,

1. you can use this file : http://jegtheme.com/asset/jkreativ/DummyContent.zip . But i suggest you to try use One Click install at first on your local server.

2. we will take a look on these further.

Thank you

Keshav Saini
    October 13, 2014 at 6:02 am #5235

Hi Dek,

Thanks for sharing the export file but it didn’t help much. The homepages which were missing were actually named differently in the imported content. Also styling of a few pages are little different from corresponding demo pages. I still have placeholder images in the local install so it makes it very confusing to understand the layout in the backend editor.

As I requested earlier, can you please share the actual theme demo website export file so that we can replicate the exact demo on our local server. It would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Adek
    October 14, 2014 at 3:05 am #5248

Hi Keshav Saini,

All images used in the demo are not distributed with these theme. They are all licensed under Creative Commons and credited to their respective creator/owner. Can help me to tell which demo page that you want to replicate so i can easily to guide you to achieve that.

Thank you

ridley007
    October 20, 2014 at 5:23 pm #5480

Hi Keshav Saini,

how did you do to get the menu like on your website (http://qa.thewanted.in/)
    With sub menu side (i have same problem)
    My option mega main menu does work
    thank you

Keshav Saini
    October 21, 2014 at 5:28 am #5497

Hi Ridley007,

You need to enable mega menu for top and side navigation from Mega Menu options panel.

ridley007
    October 21, 2014 at 6:38 pm #5531

http://support.jegtheme.com/forums/topic/mega-main-menu-does-work/
    look
    question : how you managed to import this data dummy?
    ((with this ?( you can use this file : http://jegtheme.com/asset/jkreativ/DummyContent.zip . But i suggest you to try use One Click install at first on your local server.)) how ?

Thanks you so much !

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  ridley007.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  ridley007.
    Rai
    October 22, 2014 at 9:24 am #5565

Hi Keshav Saini,

We disable portfolio title on small thumbnail by default to avoid unreadable text when you put long title. You can enable it by using this custom CSS:

Put them into Jkreativ Dashboard > General Setting > Additional Style.

Thank you

meemtomar
    December 17, 2017 at 5:46 am #26669

Hey I’m having the same issue… Unable to load the dummy content.. Its importing some of the files not all..

I mainly liked your Landing page of demo content… I Dont need images Place holders could work.. But i need this landing /main page

Home

Please support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.